SpY. Urban Arts.
Like DYT on FB:
SpY is an artist from Madrid. His first actions appeared in the middle eighties.
Shortly after, already a national reference as a graffiti artist, he started to work with other forms of artistic communication in the street: large posters, modified billboards, interventions that were experimental in the first nineties.
His work consists in the playful reappropiation of urban elements, that he replicates or transforms and then installs in the street.
All his production stems from the observation of the urban environmnet, a sense sharpened by years of experience as a graffiti artist.
A careful attention for the context of each piece and a constructive and non-invasive attitude unmistakably characterize his actions.
SpY’s pieces want to be a break in the automat-like inertia of the urban dweller. Bits of thought that hide in a corner for whoever wants to let himself be surprised.
Full of both irony and a positive sense of humor, they appear to inspire a smile, a thought, to help a conscience a little bit more lucid.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Impressive Celebrity Portraits By Bettina Rheims
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Humorous Posters Of Graphic Design Puns That Will Make Designers Laugh
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Ukrainian Photographer Creates Powerful Photo To Overcome Anxiety, And Here’s How She Did It
- Japanese T-Shirt Uses Optical Illusion To Give Breasts To Even The Flat-Chested
- Probably, The Best Movie Posters From The Last 10 Years
- Nightmares, Melancholy And Phobias: NSFW Fine Art Photography By Diana Dihaze
- Honest Illustration Of The Contradictory Nature Of People And Society By Sako Asko
- Dog Photographer Of The Year 2017 Winners
- These Amazing Drawings Appear To Jump Out Of The Page
- Surreal And Dreamy Photo Manipulations By Jackson Hall
- Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
- Boxed In: Life Inside The “Coffin Cubicles” Of Hong Kong
- A Shoe Polish Brand Won Big At Cannes For One Of The Most Delightful Campaigns
- 7 Playboy Playmates Re-Enact Their Iconic Covers
- Denmark Will Have This Amazing New Observation Tower Next Year
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Chinese Student Designs Award-Winning Life Slide
- The Story Of David Glasheen, A Real Life Robinson Crusoe
- The Supertrain Of 1979 Will Blow Your Mind
- Portuguese Street Artist Unveiled A Giant Rabbit Made Of Trash On The Streets Of Vila Nova De Gaia In Portugal
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- This Wood Wine Box Packaging Can Be Reused As A Bird House
- Extreme X-Rays: Photographer Nick Veasey Takes You Inside The Insects