SpY. Urban Arts.
SpY is an artist from Madrid. His first actions appeared in the middle eighties.
Shortly after, already a national reference as a graffiti artist, he started to work with other forms of artistic communication in the street: large posters, modified billboards, interventions that were experimental in the first nineties.
His work consists in the playful reappropiation of urban elements, that he replicates or transforms and then installs in the street.
All his production stems from the observation of the urban environmnet, a sense sharpened by years of experience as a graffiti artist.
A careful attention for the context of each piece and a constructive and non-invasive attitude unmistakably characterize his actions.
SpY’s pieces want to be a break in the automat-like inertia of the urban dweller. Bits of thought that hide in a corner for whoever wants to let himself be surprised.
Full of both irony and a positive sense of humor, they appear to inspire a smile, a thought, to help a conscience a little bit more lucid.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 52,776 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 33,322 - Photography
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 4,275 - Inspirations
- Instagram’s ‘Bros Being Basic’ Shows Men Recreating Clichéd Snaps Of Women Views today: 1,541 - Inspirations
- Finnish Woman Creates Controversial Self Portraits, Calls It Art Views today: 1,528 - Inspirations
- Russian Dental Clinic N2 – Probably The Scariest Dental Clinic In The World Views today: 1,335 - Travel
- Meet Oreo, The World’s First Cat Nurse Views today: 958 - Animals
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 880 - Photography
- This Guy Photoshops His Dog Into A Giant In All His Pics And It’s Hilarious Views today: 676 - Inspirations
- Awkward Metal Band Photos Views today: 644 - Photography
- How To Cure ‘Mototoxicosis’ Views today: 626 - Photography
- The Amazing Makeup By Lucia Pittalis Views today: 498 - Inspirations
- Photographer Olgaç Bozalp Captures Fashion People In Iran, And It’s Not Easy Views today: 466 - Photography
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 450 - Photography
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 430 - Inspirations