Capital Gate Tower certified as world’s furthest leaning manmade tower
The Capital Gate tower in Abu Dhabi has been certified as the world’s ‘furthest leaning manmade tower’ by the Guinness World Records.
The certification comes after months of strict evaluation by a Guinness committee that started in January upon completion of the exterior of the 35-story tower. The 160-meter high tower leans at an angle of 18 degrees, more than 4 times the angle of the Italy’s Leaning Tower of Pisa. Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company is the owner and developer of the tower. The tower is designed by international architectural firm RMJM and is slated to be completed by 2010. The tower is being built using many innovative techniques that contribute to its unique shape and strength.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Exercise Your Demons: Funny And Delightful Illustrations By Randyotter
- Utterly Magical Hand Carved Skulls That Will Light Up Your Room
- An Ongoing Portrait Series Of Off-Season Santas
- UK Astronomy Photographer Of The Year 2016 Shortlist
- Massive 4,000lb Arthas Statue Erected In Taiwan For Blizzard’s 25th Anniversary