Advertising In Arabic Way
Like DYT on FB:
The Muslim world has unusual prohibitions in advertising. This is due to the national and religious peculiarities of Islamic countries. Any advertising, including logos, should be forcibly adapted to local cultural values and the Arabic language. In order to do this you must know what various animals symbolize, what symbols indicate and how those or other subjects can be interpreted in Islamic countries.
For example, dogs are considered to be “dirty animals”, so you can rarely see them in advertising. Fish symbolizes Christianity, a crow – death, and a chameleon – hypocrisy.
Any manifestations of supernatural forces (witches, wizards, vampires, aliens) can be interpreted as equating to God, and therefore their demonstration is prohibited. In addition, the words “create” and “greatest” should be used really cautiously as they are also associated with God.
Drugs, alcohol (even an empty glass of champagne) can not be used in advertising. The only exception – social advertising. Homosexuality and any hints at a non-traditional sexual orientation are also under the strict prohibition.
Any forms of crosses are considered as violations. Therefore the organization “Red Cross” is called “Red Crescent” here.
In the most conservative Asian countries it is prohibited to show open eyes in the advertisement. Thus advertising agencies have to be very imaginative when showing people. The most popular solutions of the problem are:
– Wear glasses
– Close eyes with pleasure
Nudity is prohibited in any form. Islamic culture is very conservative. Skin can be shown only on face, hands and feet.
In order to protect their citizens from the depraved West, censors had to make extreme efforts. That’s when Photoshop and other available means like a black marker, paper and glue come into the play.
Gisele Bundchen acquired a modest white shirt.
Particular attention is paid to advertising of films. It has to be retouched in order to comply with strict cultural expectations. Legs, chest and even shoulders must be covered. Compare before and after.
Parody to muslim advertisements:
To write the name of a product in the Arabic script keeping at least some hint at the world-famous style of the brand is very difficult.
These pictures were taken in some malls of the UAE. By law of most Arabic countries an Arabic name must go first. But in this case both, the East and the West are content. As the West reads from left to right and the East reads from right to left. So everybody reads the “right” sign first.
The Body Shop
The Coffee Bean
I’d Love To Hear Your Thoughts:
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Yes, There Is A ‘Sexy Women Holding Carp’ NSFW Calendar And, Of Course, It’s Gotta Be From Germany
- New ‘Anti’ Fashion Modeling Agency Debuts Its Stunning Avant-Garde Stars Of All Sizes And Backgrounds
- Super Dad Turns Cars Meant For Kids Into Something Straight Out Of Mad Max
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Darkly Humorous NSFW Paintings Critique Society’s Relationship With Technology
- The Psyduck Pokemon Sexy Cosplay By Beautiful Helena Steele
- Ikea Had A Great Reaction To Balenciaga Making A $2,145 Version Of Its 99-Cent Blue Bag
- The 1949, The Kurtis Sport Car, One Of 16 Produced
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan
- Before & After: Photographer Captures Musicians & The Toll Of Performing
- Everyday Is Hump Day For The Photographer Fedor Shmidt
- Nordstrom Is Selling Jeans Caked In Fake Dirt For Hundreds Of Dollars
- This Hipster Barbie Account Perfectly Mocks Every Annoying Person On Instagram
- Amazing Street Art Installations That Cleverly Interact With Nature
- The World’s First Line Of Dolls With Disabilities Is Now On The Market
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- Polish Artist Illustrates His Fight Against Depression In Mysterious Dark And Surreal Paintings
- Two Culinary Students Made Gigantic, Chocolate Covered Rock Candy Geodes
- Hot Pamela Anderson Stars In Coco De Mer’s New Lingerie Campaign
- Women Bathe Themselves In Gliter And Pose For An Empowering NSFW Photo Shoot To Selebrate Bodies Of All Shapes And Sizes
- Big Brother Makes His 5-Year-Old Sister’s Dreams Come True With Disney-Themed Photoshoot
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Sony World Photography Awards 2017 Winners
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Spiderman Wanders Through The Skies Of Bogota, Colombia
- Brazen Tourists Are Baring Their Naked Bottoms At Scenic Spots Around The World
- This Instagrammer Perfectly Matches Her Outfits With Art Masterpieces
- Demonic Glowing Eyed Cats And How To Photograph A Feline
- Millions Of Crabs Invade Cuba’s Bay Of Pigs
- This Is How Real Psychos Get Unleashed – Moscow’s “Rage Rooms” By The Hour
- Huge Bikini Snow Show As Russians Mark The End Of The Skiing Season
- Illustrator Repaints Disney Princesses In Her Unique Style
- Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century
- Redheads Of Czech Republic In A Photo Shoot That Will Make You Dye Hair Red
- Tons Of Juice Flooded The Streets Of Russian Cities
- Lithuanian Artist Creates Stunning Steampunk Sculptures From Trash
- Fashion Brand’s New NSFW Campaign Features IRL Couples Having Sex
- That Moment When Your Dog Has So Much Fur That You Can Practice Braiding With His Tail
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager
- Emotional Realism – The Exquisite NSFW Watercolor Paintings Of Steve Hanks
- Artist Carson Davis Brown Creates In-Store Installations Without Permission
- Traveler Leaves Hilarious Graffiti Hidden For Hotel Guests In Rooms He Has Stayed In Over The Last 11 Years
- Artist Replaces Billboards With Photos Of The Landscapes They’re Blocking
- NASA Has Compiled A List Of The Best Air-Cleaning Plants For Your Home