Shakhti 360 Leti: Luxury Hotel in Himalayas
Like DYT on FB:
Shakti was founded by Jamshyd Sethna, whose love of the mountains began during his schooldays in Darjeeling and thereafter as a young tea planter in Upper Assam. A Parsi from Bombay, Jamshyd is one of India’s leading travel professionals and his travel experiences, love of food and art, combined with a passion for the Himalaya is the creative force behind the foundation and evolution of Shakti.
Early morning casts a pink glow over the snow-covered peaks; very soon the sun burns off the cool of the night. Energised by the crystalline air, you may already be out walking with your guide, through the ancient rhododendron forests. Or you may choose to linger over a long, slow breakfast.
As the sun rises higher, the achingly pure light casts sharply defined shadows. Eagles soar and swoop on the rising thermals. There’s no sound, other than the breeze and an occasional snatch of birdsong. Mesmerised by the beauty, you may simply sit and stare. Or you might pack fishing gear and a picnic lunch and hike down to the river at the base of the valley.
In the evening you gather around the lodge fireplace, before an astonishingly delicious dinner, served by candle light. Outside the sky is an arc of black velvet, the stars diamond-bright. Tonight you sleep, better than you can ever remember sleeping.
3 night, 4 day package from 1916 USD per adult based on 2 sharing including accommodation in a private cottage on a fully inclusive basis including all meals and beverages, activities, an accompanying English speaking guide and porters, car at disposal and all taxes and return transfers between Shakti’s Kumaon village walks and Leti. Flights not included.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Impressive Celebrity Portraits By Bettina Rheims
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Humorous Posters Of Graphic Design Puns That Will Make Designers Laugh
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Ukrainian Photographer Creates Powerful Photo To Overcome Anxiety, And Here’s How She Did It
- Japanese T-Shirt Uses Optical Illusion To Give Breasts To Even The Flat-Chested
- Probably, The Best Movie Posters From The Last 10 Years
- Nightmares, Melancholy And Phobias: NSFW Fine Art Photography By Diana Dihaze
- Honest Illustration Of The Contradictory Nature Of People And Society By Sako Asko
- Dog Photographer Of The Year 2017 Winners
- These Amazing Drawings Appear To Jump Out Of The Page
- Surreal And Dreamy Photo Manipulations By Jackson Hall
- Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
- Boxed In: Life Inside The “Coffin Cubicles” Of Hong Kong
- A Shoe Polish Brand Won Big At Cannes For One Of The Most Delightful Campaigns
- 7 Playboy Playmates Re-Enact Their Iconic Covers
- Denmark Will Have This Amazing New Observation Tower Next Year
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Chinese Student Designs Award-Winning Life Slide
- The Story Of David Glasheen, A Real Life Robinson Crusoe
- The Supertrain Of 1979 Will Blow Your Mind
- Portuguese Street Artist Unveiled A Giant Rabbit Made Of Trash On The Streets Of Vila Nova De Gaia In Portugal
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- This Wood Wine Box Packaging Can Be Reused As A Bird House
- Extreme X-Rays: Photographer Nick Veasey Takes You Inside The Insects