Warning! Gastric Content! Kobayashi vs Furious Pete: Showdown in the Rain
Like DYT on FB:
Pizza chef and competitor Kris Cross sports a pizza tattoo as he prepares cheese pizzas for the competition. In torrential rain, super eaters Takeru Kobayashi and Canadian Furious Pete Czerwinski squared off again. (Toronto Star / Steve Russell – Staff Photographer)
To qualify for the competition hopefuls were measured on their time to eat one pizza, Furious Pete Czerwinski ate one in 35 seconds.
The Kobi pie, which is 14 inches across, weighs about a pound. It is 9 ounces of dough, 4 of sauce and 3 of cheese.
The pizzas cook for 90 seconds at 850 degrees.
Kobayashi won the first competition by eating 40 slices, or 10 pizzas, in 12 minutes.
Kobayashi’s Manager checks out the temperature of his water.
Kobayashi has a body fat percentage between 6 or 7 percent, may of the super eaters are thin, some speculate that it is because not much fat surrounds the stomach allowing it to expand.
As the rain begins Takeru Kobayashi digs in.
Furious Pete Czerwinski who ate 25 slices in the rain finished second.
Lara Martin ate 12 slices in the rain, she was one of two women competing, the other, Merdirth Boxberger, finished third with 21 slices.
Takeru Kobayashi and Furious Pete Czerwinski eat side by side. The pair competed against each other earlier in the month. It was tacos and Kobayashi finished first eating 81 in ten minutes and Furious Pete ate 49 for second place.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi and nine other competitors eat pizza in Barrie.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi ate 43 slices of Pizza to defends his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
Like a snake Takeru Kobayashi throws back his head to swallow his pizza.
Soaked and stuffed with pizzaTakeru Kobayashi stands above his competition after eating 43 slices of Pizza, almost 11 pizzas, to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
With his abdominals a little less pronounced Takeru Kobayashi celebrates his victory.
Takeru Kobayashi high fives after winning.
Takeru Kobayashi set a new record of 43 slices of Pizza. He won $3,000 and a parking spot outside the restaurant’s front door.
Takeru Kobayashi warms up by the pizza oven after eating 43 slices of Pizza to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
An hour after eating close to 11 pizzas, Takeru Kobayashi “cools down” with a pizza!
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Impressive Celebrity Portraits By Bettina Rheims
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Humorous Posters Of Graphic Design Puns That Will Make Designers Laugh
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Ukrainian Photographer Creates Powerful Photo To Overcome Anxiety, And Here’s How She Did It
- Probably, The Best Movie Posters From The Last 10 Years
- Japanese T-Shirt Uses Optical Illusion To Give Breasts To Even The Flat-Chested
- Nightmares, Melancholy And Phobias: NSFW Fine Art Photography By Diana Dihaze
- Honest Illustration Of The Contradictory Nature Of People And Society By Sako Asko
- Dog Photographer Of The Year 2017 Winners
- These Amazing Drawings Appear To Jump Out Of The Page
- Surreal And Dreamy Photo Manipulations By Jackson Hall
- Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
- Boxed In: Life Inside The “Coffin Cubicles” Of Hong Kong
- A Shoe Polish Brand Won Big At Cannes For One Of The Most Delightful Campaigns
- Denmark Will Have This Amazing New Observation Tower Next Year
- 7 Playboy Playmates Re-Enact Their Iconic Covers
- Chinese Student Designs Award-Winning Life Slide
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- The Story Of David Glasheen, A Real Life Robinson Crusoe
- Portuguese Street Artist Unveiled A Giant Rabbit Made Of Trash On The Streets Of Vila Nova De Gaia In Portugal
- The Supertrain Of 1979 Will Blow Your Mind
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- This Wood Wine Box Packaging Can Be Reused As A Bird House
- Russian Craftsman Shapes Wooden Motor Tricycle