Warning! Gastric Content! Kobayashi vs Furious Pete: Showdown in the Rain
Like DYT on FB:
Pizza chef and competitor Kris Cross sports a pizza tattoo as he prepares cheese pizzas for the competition. In torrential rain, super eaters Takeru Kobayashi and Canadian Furious Pete Czerwinski squared off again. (Toronto Star / Steve Russell – Staff Photographer)
To qualify for the competition hopefuls were measured on their time to eat one pizza, Furious Pete Czerwinski ate one in 35 seconds.
The Kobi pie, which is 14 inches across, weighs about a pound. It is 9 ounces of dough, 4 of sauce and 3 of cheese.
The pizzas cook for 90 seconds at 850 degrees.
Kobayashi won the first competition by eating 40 slices, or 10 pizzas, in 12 minutes.
Kobayashi’s Manager checks out the temperature of his water.
Kobayashi has a body fat percentage between 6 or 7 percent, may of the super eaters are thin, some speculate that it is because not much fat surrounds the stomach allowing it to expand.
As the rain begins Takeru Kobayashi digs in.
Furious Pete Czerwinski who ate 25 slices in the rain finished second.
Lara Martin ate 12 slices in the rain, she was one of two women competing, the other, Merdirth Boxberger, finished third with 21 slices.
Takeru Kobayashi and Furious Pete Czerwinski eat side by side. The pair competed against each other earlier in the month. It was tacos and Kobayashi finished first eating 81 in ten minutes and Furious Pete ate 49 for second place.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi and nine other competitors eat pizza in Barrie.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi ate 43 slices of Pizza to defends his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
Like a snake Takeru Kobayashi throws back his head to swallow his pizza.
Soaked and stuffed with pizzaTakeru Kobayashi stands above his competition after eating 43 slices of Pizza, almost 11 pizzas, to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
With his abdominals a little less pronounced Takeru Kobayashi celebrates his victory.
Takeru Kobayashi high fives after winning.
Takeru Kobayashi set a new record of 43 slices of Pizza. He won $3,000 and a parking spot outside the restaurant’s front door.
Takeru Kobayashi warms up by the pizza oven after eating 43 slices of Pizza to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
An hour after eating close to 11 pizzas, Takeru Kobayashi “cools down” with a pizza!
I’d Love To Hear Your Thoughts:
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Darkly Humorous NSFW Paintings Critique Society’s Relationship With Technology
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Huge Bikini Snow Show As Russians Mark The End Of The Skiing Season
- Sony World Photography Awards 2017 Winners
- Super Dad Turns Cars Meant For Kids Into Something Straight Out Of Mad Max
- Yes, There Is A ‘Sexy Women Holding Carp’ NSFW Calendar And, Of Course, It’s Gotta Be From Germany
- The 1949, The Kurtis Sport Car, One Of 16 Produced
- This Building Uses Emoji Cast In Concrete As Modern Gargoyles
- Women Bathe Themselves In Gliter And Pose For An Empowering NSFW Photo Shoot To Selebrate Bodies Of All Shapes And Sizes
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan
- 8-Year-Old “Siberian Snow White” Surprises Modeling Agencies With Unique Beauty, Gets Flooded With Offers
- Ikea Had A Great Reaction To Balenciaga Making A $2,145 Version Of Its 99-Cent Blue Bag
- Yoga Is All The More Appealing When Baby Goats Are Involved
- Millions Of Crabs Invade Cuba’s Bay Of Pigs
- Everyday Is Hump Day For The Photographer Fedor Shmidt
- Breathtaking Aerial Photography Of South Africa From Above By Zack Seckler
- This Hipster Barbie Account Perfectly Mocks Every Annoying Person On Instagram
- Stunning Street Photos Capture Simple Joys Of Life In New York Right After WWII
- This Instagrammer Perfectly Matches Her Outfits With Art Masterpieces
- Brazen Tourists Are Baring Their Naked Bottoms At Scenic Spots Around The World
- Two Culinary Students Made Gigantic, Chocolate Covered Rock Candy Geodes
- Lithuanian Artist Creates Stunning Steampunk Sculptures From Trash
- Innovative Umbrella That Keeps Your Camera Dry When Shooting In The Rain
- Traveler Leaves Hilarious Graffiti Hidden For Hotel Guests In Rooms He Has Stayed In Over The Last 11 Years
- Tons Of Juice Flooded The Streets Of Russian Cities
- Origami Aluminum Lamps Project Feathers And Antlers When Illuminated
- The World’s First Line Of Dolls With Disabilities Is Now On The Market
- Hot Pamela Anderson Stars In Coco De Mer’s New Lingerie Campaign
- This Is How Real Psychos Get Unleashed – Moscow’s “Rage Rooms” By The Hour
- Nordstrom Is Selling Jeans Caked In Fake Dirt For Hundreds Of Dollars
- Artist Ted Chin Creates Stunning Dreamlike And Surreal Photo Manipulations
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- Feather Brows Is The Newest Make-Up Trend Nobody Expected
- Artist Carson Davis Brown Creates In-Store Installations Without Permission
- A Photographer Documents The Secret World Of Stray Cats Of Kazakhstan
- Delicious Food Crowns Self-Portraits By Lauren Hom
- Breathtaking Stained-Glass Cabin Looks Ripped From A Fairytale
- Expressive And Whimsical Portraits Of Dogs By Kaylee Greer
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager
- This Chinese Farmer Built A Two-Storey Space Shuttle Replica On The Roof Of His House