Warning! Gastric Content! Kobayashi vs Furious Pete: Showdown in the Rain
Pizza chef and competitor Kris Cross sports a pizza tattoo as he prepares cheese pizzas for the competition. In torrential rain, super eaters Takeru Kobayashi and Canadian Furious Pete Czerwinski squared off again. (Toronto Star / Steve Russell – Staff Photographer)
To qualify for the competition hopefuls were measured on their time to eat one pizza, Furious Pete Czerwinski ate one in 35 seconds.
The Kobi pie, which is 14 inches across, weighs about a pound. It is 9 ounces of dough, 4 of sauce and 3 of cheese.
The pizzas cook for 90 seconds at 850 degrees.
Kobayashi won the first competition by eating 40 slices, or 10 pizzas, in 12 minutes.
Kobayashi’s Manager checks out the temperature of his water.
Kobayashi has a body fat percentage between 6 or 7 percent, may of the super eaters are thin, some speculate that it is because not much fat surrounds the stomach allowing it to expand.
As the rain begins Takeru Kobayashi digs in.
Furious Pete Czerwinski who ate 25 slices in the rain finished second.
Lara Martin ate 12 slices in the rain, she was one of two women competing, the other, Merdirth Boxberger, finished third with 21 slices.
Takeru Kobayashi and Furious Pete Czerwinski eat side by side. The pair competed against each other earlier in the month. It was tacos and Kobayashi finished first eating 81 in ten minutes and Furious Pete ate 49 for second place.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi and nine other competitors eat pizza in Barrie.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi ate 43 slices of Pizza to defends his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
Like a snake Takeru Kobayashi throws back his head to swallow his pizza.
Soaked and stuffed with pizzaTakeru Kobayashi stands above his competition after eating 43 slices of Pizza, almost 11 pizzas, to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
With his abdominals a little less pronounced Takeru Kobayashi celebrates his victory.
Takeru Kobayashi high fives after winning.
Takeru Kobayashi set a new record of 43 slices of Pizza. He won $3,000 and a parking spot outside the restaurant’s front door.
Takeru Kobayashi warms up by the pizza oven after eating 43 slices of Pizza to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
An hour after eating close to 11 pizzas, Takeru Kobayashi “cools down” with a pizza!
We’d love to hear your views on this:
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 43,920 - Photography
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 1,310 - Design
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 1,075 - Inspirations
- Watch Inside Obama’s New Home Views today: 1,068 - Architecture
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 891 - Travel
- The Innovative Minimalist Earrings By The Designer Otis Jaxon Views today: 879 - Design
- These Stunning Images Got Such A Great Reception They Have Been Unveiled As The Best Wedding Photos Of 2016 Views today: 846 - Photography
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 752 - Inspirations
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 597 - Photography
- Walking On Frozen Baikal, The Deepest And Oldest Lake On Earth To Capture Its Otherworldly Beauty Views today: 527 - Travel
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 485 - Inspirations
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 450 - Photography
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest Views today: 394 - Inspirations
- Can Photographs Change The World? Somalia Tragedy Through The Lens Of Jean-Claude Coutausse Views today: 358 - Photography
- Truthful Images That Show Why Holocaust Memorial Selfies Are So Disrespectful Views today: 350 - Photography