Warning! Gastric Content! Kobayashi vs Furious Pete: Showdown in the Rain
Pizza chef and competitor Kris Cross sports a pizza tattoo as he prepares cheese pizzas for the competition. In torrential rain, super eaters Takeru Kobayashi and Canadian Furious Pete Czerwinski squared off again. (Toronto Star / Steve Russell – Staff Photographer)
To qualify for the competition hopefuls were measured on their time to eat one pizza, Furious Pete Czerwinski ate one in 35 seconds.
The Kobi pie, which is 14 inches across, weighs about a pound. It is 9 ounces of dough, 4 of sauce and 3 of cheese.
The pizzas cook for 90 seconds at 850 degrees.
Kobayashi won the first competition by eating 40 slices, or 10 pizzas, in 12 minutes.
Kobayashi’s Manager checks out the temperature of his water.
Kobayashi has a body fat percentage between 6 or 7 percent, may of the super eaters are thin, some speculate that it is because not much fat surrounds the stomach allowing it to expand.
As the rain begins Takeru Kobayashi digs in.
Furious Pete Czerwinski who ate 25 slices in the rain finished second.
Lara Martin ate 12 slices in the rain, she was one of two women competing, the other, Merdirth Boxberger, finished third with 21 slices.
Takeru Kobayashi and Furious Pete Czerwinski eat side by side. The pair competed against each other earlier in the month. It was tacos and Kobayashi finished first eating 81 in ten minutes and Furious Pete ate 49 for second place.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi and nine other competitors eat pizza in Barrie.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi ate 43 slices of Pizza to defends his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
Like a snake Takeru Kobayashi throws back his head to swallow his pizza.
Soaked and stuffed with pizzaTakeru Kobayashi stands above his competition after eating 43 slices of Pizza, almost 11 pizzas, to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
With his abdominals a little less pronounced Takeru Kobayashi celebrates his victory.
Takeru Kobayashi high fives after winning.
Takeru Kobayashi set a new record of 43 slices of Pizza. He won $3,000 and a parking spot outside the restaurant’s front door.
Takeru Kobayashi warms up by the pizza oven after eating 43 slices of Pizza to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
An hour after eating close to 11 pizzas, Takeru Kobayashi “cools down” with a pizza!
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s Views today: 44,120 - Photography
- California’s Failed Utopia Views today: 3,829 - Travel
- Beautiful Photos Of Cuba In 1954 That Looks Like A Country Of Freedom Views today: 1,973 - Travel
- These Intimate NSFW Fashion Dolls Are Handcrafted To Bare All Views today: 1,290 - Design
- Strange, Seductive And Surreal Erotic Photo Montages From 1920-30’s Vienna Views today: 1,264 - Photography
- Russian Photographer Brings Fairytales To Life In Stunning, Breathtaking Images Views today: 572 - Photography
- The Nightmare That Was ‘His & Her’ Fashion Views today: 554 - Inspirations
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images Views today: 442 - Photography
- These People Love ‘Friends’ So Much They’ve Got Tattoos Inspired By The Sitcom Views today: 442 - Inspirations
- Stunning Photos Of Haile Selassie I, The Emperor Of Ethiopia Views today: 362 - Photography
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London Views today: 352 - Inspirations
- Tiny Living Room Makes Its Way Inside PC Views today: 349 - Design
- NASA Just Released Travel Posters For Our New Sister Solar System, And They’re Cool As Hell Views today: 344 - Inspirations
- A Shelter Has Been Trying To Find A Home For This Cat For Over A Year Views today: 328 - Animals
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 314 - Inspirations
- Artist Rainier Weber Designs Unique Gold-Plated AK47 Chair From Real Rifles Views today: 293 - Design
- Meet The Tree That Actually Bleeds When It’s Sliced Open Views today: 278 - Inspirations
- Japanese Artist Creates Stunning Mashup Photos Of Superhero Action Figures Views today: 237 - Inspirations
- Pain, Tears And Death: Modern World Captured By The Contestants Of The World Press Photo Contest 2017 Views today: 224 - Photography
- Tyler Haughey Shoots Jersey Shore’s 1950s Resorts, During The Off Season Views today: 211 - Photography