Warning! Gastric Content! Kobayashi vs Furious Pete: Showdown in the Rain
Pizza chef and competitor Kris Cross sports a pizza tattoo as he prepares cheese pizzas for the competition. In torrential rain, super eaters Takeru Kobayashi and Canadian Furious Pete Czerwinski squared off again. (Toronto Star / Steve Russell – Staff Photographer)
To qualify for the competition hopefuls were measured on their time to eat one pizza, Furious Pete Czerwinski ate one in 35 seconds.
The Kobi pie, which is 14 inches across, weighs about a pound. It is 9 ounces of dough, 4 of sauce and 3 of cheese.
The pizzas cook for 90 seconds at 850 degrees.
Kobayashi won the first competition by eating 40 slices, or 10 pizzas, in 12 minutes.
Kobayashi’s Manager checks out the temperature of his water.
Kobayashi has a body fat percentage between 6 or 7 percent, may of the super eaters are thin, some speculate that it is because not much fat surrounds the stomach allowing it to expand.
As the rain begins Takeru Kobayashi digs in.
Furious Pete Czerwinski who ate 25 slices in the rain finished second.
Lara Martin ate 12 slices in the rain, she was one of two women competing, the other, Merdirth Boxberger, finished third with 21 slices.
Takeru Kobayashi and Furious Pete Czerwinski eat side by side. The pair competed against each other earlier in the month. It was tacos and Kobayashi finished first eating 81 in ten minutes and Furious Pete ate 49 for second place.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi and nine other competitors eat pizza in Barrie.
In torrential rain Takeru Kobayashi ate 43 slices of Pizza to defends his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
Like a snake Takeru Kobayashi throws back his head to swallow his pizza.
Soaked and stuffed with pizzaTakeru Kobayashi stands above his competition after eating 43 slices of Pizza, almost 11 pizzas, to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
With his abdominals a little less pronounced Takeru Kobayashi celebrates his victory.
Takeru Kobayashi high fives after winning.
Takeru Kobayashi set a new record of 43 slices of Pizza. He won $3,000 and a parking spot outside the restaurant’s front door.
Takeru Kobayashi warms up by the pizza oven after eating 43 slices of Pizza to defend his title at Pie Wood Fired Pizza Joint in Barrie.
An hour after eating close to 11 pizzas, Takeru Kobayashi “cools down” with a pizza!
Follow Design You Trust on Facebook:
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Stunning Construction Photos Of Zaha Hadid Architects’ Leeza SOHO Tower And Its Record-Setting Atrium
- Japanese Company Releases Line Of ‘Crotch Charms’ For Women To Dangle From Their Swimsuits Between Their Legs
- Meet Diandra Forrest, Stunning Albino African American Model
- The Electric State: Simon Stålenhag Comes A New Narrative Artbook About A Girl And Her Robot Traveling West In An Alternate 90s USA
- Mullet: The Badass Hairstyle Of The 1970s, 1980s And Early 1990s
- Meet The Italian Artists Inking Museum-Worthy Tattoos
- Vintage Images Of People & Their Beloved Volkswagen Buses
- The Superb Sci-Fi Themed Works Of Su Jian
- Stunning Finalists Photos From The “Through Our Eyes” Homeless Photography Project
- When Eight-Year-Olds Worked The Streets: Lewis Hine’s Beautiful Vintage Portraits Of Young Workers In America
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken: The World Of Daniel Lismore
- Ohio Youth Of The 1970s – Lovely Photos Of Long-Haired Teenage Girls In Dayton From 1974-75
- Wonderful Digital Fantasy Paintings By Svetlana Tigai
- Nature Takes Back Its Rights With The Vegetal Objects Of Camille Kachani
- The Seoul-Based Pastry Chef Creates Buttercream Floral Cakes That Look Too Beautiful To Eat
- Welders In China Cover Up Despite Summer Heat
- Coffee Served In A Cone? Enjoy This Unique Drink At A Specialty Cafes Around The World!
- A Wandering Into The Fascinating Sketchbook Of Russian Artist Elena Limkina
- Casual NSFW Sculptures Show Women Getting Cozy In Themselves
- The Bride Was Busy During The Pre-Wedding Shoot, So They Had the Groomsman Fill In For Her
- Artist Jacqueline Mak Takes On Consumerism, Body Politics, Humor, And Eroticism In Raunchy NSWF Collages
- Artist Joanna Swirska Creates Superb Animalistic Tattoos
- Cradling Hyper-Realistic Babies In Uncanny Valley
- This 3D Printed Coffee Table Shows Art As Seen Under The Microscope