Making a Zombie: A Step-by-Step Guide from the “Walking Dead” Makeup Team
1. The “Walking Dead” makeup team fits actor Kevin Galbraith with a bald cap and accentuate his high cheekbones to make them look sunken.
2. Next, Galbraith is fitted with rotten-looking, custom-made dentures that can fit under a prosthesis.
3. A custom-made, foam latex prosthesis extends from Galbraith’s forehead to his neck.
4. Makeup artists Kevin Wasner (far left) and Jake Garber glue on individual body wounds. “We had to do his entire upper body. It took 45 minutes,” Nicotero says. Zombie blood is a mixture of Karo syrup, red and yellow food coloring and caramel, plus a drop of detergent so it soaks through clothing.
5. Garber next fits the greasy, sparse zombie wig to the bald cap.
6. Zombies have no time to shave so Wasner adds some stubble and some disgusting dried blood around Galbraith’s mouth. “It’s black sludge in their veins,” says Nicotero.
7. The application of hand-painted white contact lenses is the final step of Galbraith’s transformation from working actor to frightening zombie. “The most inspiring part of what we’re doing is that you can have the same person sit in your chair 10 times and they won’t look like the same person when they walk out of the makeup trailer,” says Nicotero.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 40,540 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 7,523 - Photography
- These Russian Social Media Profile Pictures Will Blow Your Mind With Photoshop Magic Views today: 2,723 - Inspirations
- Hilarious Childhood Hairstyles From The 1980s And Early ’90s You’ve Ever Seen Views today: 1,793 - Inspirations
- Action Figure Collector Turns His Toys Into A Funny Visual Diary Views today: 1,365 - Inspirations
- A Fascinating NSFW Look At Your Organs From The Inside Out Views today: 1,213 - Photography
- Steer Clear: A Collection Of Sketchy Looking Vans Views today: 1,083 - Inspirations
- The Lost Tribes Of Tierra Del Fuego: Rare And Haunting Photos Of Selk’nam People Posing With Their Traditional Body-Painting Views today: 1,022 - Travel
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 784 - Inspirations
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 754 - Photography
- Man Creates “Passive-Aggressive Art Gallery” For His Roommate’s Mes Views today: 743 - Inspirations
- Illustrations You’ll Love If You Agree That Being A Woman Is Hard Views today: 706 - Inspirations
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 691 - Inspirations
- Drainage Canal In Japan Is So Clean They Yven Have Koi In It Views today: 583 - Travel
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 572 - Photography