The Marvellous Miniatures on Display in a Doll’s House
Karon Cunningham, owner of a miniatures shop in Bath, uses the doll’s house, below, to showcase some of her wares – each with an amazing attention to detail and period design.
Twelve rooms, illuminated by tiny LED strip lights in Karon Cunningham’s show cabinet in her Bath shop, show the various ways miniatures can be displayed.
Fingers gingerly hold a tiny light bulb, complete with period packet and copper wire detail for the screw fix end, £9.80.
Miniature aficionado Karon Cunningham holds a tiny £85 rococo-style mirror that is only 6.5 inches high, made by John Hodgson.
A mini pair of fully working hinged brass scissors on display at the Karon Cunningham Miniatures shop in Bath, £5.75.
A platter of cheese and biscuits with fruit, wine, silver cheese scoop and wine glasses, made with real glass. Platters on show in the shop sell from £12.85.
A miniature Monopoly board complete with houses, cards and money, made by Klaas Schultz of South Africa, which sells for £12.
David Greenwood’s minute apple, £1.35, has unbelievable detail and realism, with him painting each one separately to show natural colouring topped with a realistic stalk.
Hands reach in for a miniature butter-pat in a kitchen scene at the shop. Table, £69; pie board, £14.50; cheese tray, £45; rolling pin, £13; raspberry punnet £6.40 – the punnet effect achieved using a cocktail stick to sculpt them.
Tiny hairs cover the coats of these one-twelfth scale cat (£69) and kitten (£50), made by Sarah Hendry.
A box of two Parker pens, costing £9, made by Klaas Schultz are dwarfed by the nib of a ballpoint pen.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 41,442 - Photography
- Truthful Images That Show Why Holocaust Memorial Selfies Are So Disrespectful Views today: 6,019 - Photography
- Watch Inside Obama’s New Home Views today: 1,870 - Architecture
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 1,720 - Inspirations
- Magical Drawings Put Women In Conversation With Their Inner Demons Views today: 1,176 - Inspirations
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 705 - Travel
- Artist Shepard Fairey Adapts Obama’s Hope Poster For Trump Inauguration Views today: 639 - Inspirations
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 598 - Inspirations
- Moscow vs New York: Visual Comparison Of Two Big Cities 45 Years Ago Views today: 569 - Travel
- Can Photographs Change The World? Somalia Tragedy Through The Lens Of Jean-Claude Coutausse Views today: 561 - Photography
- These Stunning Images Got Such A Great Reception They Have Been Unveiled As The Best Wedding Photos Of 2016 Views today: 523 - Photography
- Powerful Portraits Show The Faces Behind The Women’s March On Washington Views today: 514 - Photography
- Photographer Weronika Gęsicka Takes Corny American Photography And Manipulates It Into Something Surreal And Uncomfortable Views today: 485 - Inspirations
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 483 - Photography
- Architects Adds Treetop Cabin With Stargazing Net To Sweden’s Treehotel Views today: 479 - Architecture