The Marvellous Miniatures on Display in a Doll’s House
Karon Cunningham, owner of a miniatures shop in Bath, uses the doll’s house, below, to showcase some of her wares – each with an amazing attention to detail and period design.
Twelve rooms, illuminated by tiny LED strip lights in Karon Cunningham’s show cabinet in her Bath shop, show the various ways miniatures can be displayed.
Fingers gingerly hold a tiny light bulb, complete with period packet and copper wire detail for the screw fix end, £9.80.
Miniature aficionado Karon Cunningham holds a tiny £85 rococo-style mirror that is only 6.5 inches high, made by John Hodgson.
A mini pair of fully working hinged brass scissors on display at the Karon Cunningham Miniatures shop in Bath, £5.75.
A platter of cheese and biscuits with fruit, wine, silver cheese scoop and wine glasses, made with real glass. Platters on show in the shop sell from £12.85.
A miniature Monopoly board complete with houses, cards and money, made by Klaas Schultz of South Africa, which sells for £12.
David Greenwood’s minute apple, £1.35, has unbelievable detail and realism, with him painting each one separately to show natural colouring topped with a realistic stalk.
Hands reach in for a miniature butter-pat in a kitchen scene at the shop. Table, £69; pie board, £14.50; cheese tray, £45; rolling pin, £13; raspberry punnet £6.40 – the punnet effect achieved using a cocktail stick to sculpt them.
Tiny hairs cover the coats of these one-twelfth scale cat (£69) and kitten (£50), made by Sarah Hendry.
A box of two Parker pens, costing £9, made by Klaas Schultz are dwarfed by the nib of a ballpoint pen.
|If you like this post,|
support us on Facebook:
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Brilliant Illustrations of the Beautiful Girls by Eric Hibbeler
- Artist Turns Her 2-Year-Old’s Sketches Into Paintings
- Nothing More Inspiring than Disney Princesses as Hotdogs
- Nightmarish Illustrations That Will Have You Hiding Under The Bed
- What Do You Think of this Dessert Themed Public Toilet in Japan?
- Dad Creates First-of-Its-Kind Magical Book for His Son
- An Artist Captured the Innocence of Childhood by Photographing His Three Sons
- Double-Exposure Animal Portraits By Dániel Taylor
- This Biology Teacher Has Her Own Way of Teaching About the Human Body at School
- Green Varnish Installation
- 25 Free Product Packaging Mock-ups – October 2015 Edition
- Taking Pictures at IKEA is the Solution to All Your Tindr Needs
- Top Products of the Week via The Gadget Flow #12
- Amazing Pictures Taken at Exactly the Right Moment
- Hungary Fashion Photographer Under Fire Over ‘Migrant Chic’ Shoot