The Marvellous Miniatures on Display in a Doll’s House
Like DYT on FB:
Karon Cunningham, owner of a miniatures shop in Bath, uses the doll’s house, below, to showcase some of her wares – each with an amazing attention to detail and period design.
Twelve rooms, illuminated by tiny LED strip lights in Karon Cunningham’s show cabinet in her Bath shop, show the various ways miniatures can be displayed.
Fingers gingerly hold a tiny light bulb, complete with period packet and copper wire detail for the screw fix end, £9.80.
Miniature aficionado Karon Cunningham holds a tiny £85 rococo-style mirror that is only 6.5 inches high, made by John Hodgson.
A mini pair of fully working hinged brass scissors on display at the Karon Cunningham Miniatures shop in Bath, £5.75.
A platter of cheese and biscuits with fruit, wine, silver cheese scoop and wine glasses, made with real glass. Platters on show in the shop sell from £12.85.
A miniature Monopoly board complete with houses, cards and money, made by Klaas Schultz of South Africa, which sells for £12.
David Greenwood’s minute apple, £1.35, has unbelievable detail and realism, with him painting each one separately to show natural colouring topped with a realistic stalk.
Hands reach in for a miniature butter-pat in a kitchen scene at the shop. Table, £69; pie board, £14.50; cheese tray, £45; rolling pin, £13; raspberry punnet £6.40 – the punnet effect achieved using a cocktail stick to sculpt them.
Tiny hairs cover the coats of these one-twelfth scale cat (£69) and kitten (£50), made by Sarah Hendry.
A box of two Parker pens, costing £9, made by Klaas Schultz are dwarfed by the nib of a ballpoint pen.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Impressive Celebrity Portraits By Bettina Rheims
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Humorous Posters Of Graphic Design Puns That Will Make Designers Laugh
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Ukrainian Photographer Creates Powerful Photo To Overcome Anxiety, And Here’s How She Did It
- Japanese T-Shirt Uses Optical Illusion To Give Breasts To Even The Flat-Chested
- Dog Photographer Of The Year 2017 Winners
- Probably, The Best Movie Posters From The Last 10 Years
- Nightmares, Melancholy And Phobias: NSFW Fine Art Photography By Diana Dihaze
- Honest Illustration Of The Contradictory Nature Of People And Society By Sako Asko
- These Amazing Drawings Appear To Jump Out Of The Page
- Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
- Surreal And Dreamy Photo Manipulations By Jackson Hall
- Chinese Student Designs Award-Winning Life Slide
- Boxed In: Life Inside The “Coffin Cubicles” Of Hong Kong
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- 7 Playboy Playmates Re-Enact Their Iconic Covers
- Denmark Will Have This Amazing New Observation Tower Next Year
- A Shoe Polish Brand Won Big At Cannes For One Of The Most Delightful Campaigns
- The Story Of David Glasheen, A Real Life Robinson Crusoe
- Portuguese Street Artist Unveiled A Giant Rabbit Made Of Trash On The Streets Of Vila Nova De Gaia In Portugal
- Russian Craftsman Shapes Wooden Motor Tricycle
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- Extreme X-Rays: Photographer Nick Veasey Takes You Inside The Insects