The Marvellous Miniatures on Display in a Doll’s House
Karon Cunningham, owner of a miniatures shop in Bath, uses the doll’s house, below, to showcase some of her wares – each with an amazing attention to detail and period design.
Twelve rooms, illuminated by tiny LED strip lights in Karon Cunningham’s show cabinet in her Bath shop, show the various ways miniatures can be displayed.
Fingers gingerly hold a tiny light bulb, complete with period packet and copper wire detail for the screw fix end, £9.80.
Miniature aficionado Karon Cunningham holds a tiny £85 rococo-style mirror that is only 6.5 inches high, made by John Hodgson.
A mini pair of fully working hinged brass scissors on display at the Karon Cunningham Miniatures shop in Bath, £5.75.
A platter of cheese and biscuits with fruit, wine, silver cheese scoop and wine glasses, made with real glass. Platters on show in the shop sell from £12.85.
A miniature Monopoly board complete with houses, cards and money, made by Klaas Schultz of South Africa, which sells for £12.
David Greenwood’s minute apple, £1.35, has unbelievable detail and realism, with him painting each one separately to show natural colouring topped with a realistic stalk.
Hands reach in for a miniature butter-pat in a kitchen scene at the shop. Table, £69; pie board, £14.50; cheese tray, £45; rolling pin, £13; raspberry punnet £6.40 – the punnet effect achieved using a cocktail stick to sculpt them.
Tiny hairs cover the coats of these one-twelfth scale cat (£69) and kitten (£50), made by Sarah Hendry.
A box of two Parker pens, costing £9, made by Klaas Schultz are dwarfed by the nib of a ballpoint pen.
I’d Love To Hear Your Thoughts:
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- 8-Year-Old “Siberian Snow White” Surprises Modeling Agencies With Unique Beauty, Gets Flooded With Offers Views today: 3,540 - Photography
- Women Bathe Themselves In Gliter And Pose For An Empowering NSFW Photo Shoot To Selebrate Bodies Of All Shapes And Sizes Views today: 2,241 - Inspirations
- Traveler Leaves Hilarious Graffiti Hidden For Hotel Guests In Rooms He Has Stayed In Over The Last 11 Years Views today: 2,027 - Inspirations
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 1,903 - Photography
- The 1949, The Kurtis Sport Car, One Of 16 Produced Views today: 1,397 - Technology
- Darkly Humorous NSFW Paintings Critique Society’s Relationship With Technology Views today: 1,138 - Inspirations
- Everyday Is Hump Day For The Photographer Fedor Shmidt Views today: 1,084 - Photography
- Sony World Photography Awards 2017 Winners Views today: 1,053 - Photography
- Lithuanian Artist Creates Stunning Steampunk Sculptures From Trash Views today: 1,006 - Design
- Animal Butt Phone Cases Are A Thing Now And We Can’t Decide If It’s Stupid Or Amazing Views today: 997 - Design
- Midge Hadley: The Super Rare Pregnant Barbie Doll Views today: 923 - Design
- Stunning Street Photos Capture Simple Joys Of Life In New York Right After WWII Views today: 750 - Photography
- Sumo Wrestlers Enjoy Cherry Blossom Season Views today: 741 - Inspirations
- Brazen Tourists Are Baring Their Naked Bottoms At Scenic Spots Around The World Views today: 684 - Travel
- Feather Brows Is The Newest Make-Up Trend Nobody Expected Views today: 612 - Design
- This Chinese Farmer Built A Two-Storey Space Shuttle Replica On The Roof Of His House Views today: 595 - Architecture
- This Hipster Barbie Account Perfectly Mocks Every Annoying Person On Instagram Views today: 580 - Photography
- Huge Bikini Snow Show As Russians Mark The End Of The Skiing Season Views today: 568 - Travel
- Rare Pics Of The Infamous ’50s London Girl Gang Are Unbelievably Cool Views today: 524 - Photography
- Women Selling Booze: The Ladies Of Vintage Alcohol Advertising Views today: 471 - Inspirations
- Bold, Minimalist “Lord of The Rings” Book Covers Feature Bright Color Gradients Views today: 443 - Design
- Hot Pamela Anderson Stars In Coco De Mer’s New Lingerie Campaign Views today: 423 - Photography
- An Apple-Inspired Concept Smart Home Hub That Looks And Feels Like A Cat Views today: 397 - Technology
- Artist Ted Chin Creates Stunning Dreamlike And Surreal Photo Manipulations Views today: 395 - Inspirations
- Illustrator Repaints Disney Princesses In Her Unique Style Views today: 391 - Inspirations
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 389 - Photography
- Innovative Umbrella That Keeps Your Camera Dry When Shooting In The Rain Views today: 337 - Technology
- Pop Culture Icons Invade Van Gogh’s ‘Starry Night’ Painting In Adorable Series Views today: 330 - Inspirations
- This Is How Real Psychos Get Unleashed – Moscow’s “Rage Rooms” By The Hour Views today: 317 - Travel
- This Building Uses Emoji Cast In Concrete As Modern Gargoyles Views today: 301 - Architecture
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 288 - Photography
- Architects Create Concept Prison Ship That Can Hold 3,300 Tax-Avoiders In Game Of Thrones-Style ‘Sky Cells’ Views today: 280 - Architecture
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald Views today: 255 - Technology
- Street Artist Martin Whatson Incorporates Grayscale Characters Into His Colorful Murals Views today: 255 - Inspirations
- Audi Hires Photographer To Shoot Their $50,000 Car, He Uses $32 Miniature Toy Car Instead Views today: 251 - Inspirations