Giant Weta gnaws on carrot
The giant weta is related to the common cricket and is indigenous to New Zealand. Giant wetas commonly reach over 10cm or 4″ in length but entomologist Mark Moffett chanced upon one on Little Barrier Island which measured 17.8cm or 7″ and weighed 71 grams (2.5 ounces). via Buzzaurus.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- When Two Paintings Fall In Love: Man Proposes During 2D Photoshoot
- Teacher Gave Her Students A Chance To Be Creative On The Last Day Of School
- Artist Proves American Women Are Beautiful In All Sizes In New ‘American Beauty’ Photo Shoot
- This Instagram Account Has The Most Adorable Way Of Reminding You That You Matter
- Woman Posed For An Epic Divorce Photo Shoot To Let Go Of The Past And Start Fresh