An art installation of ‘Red Bird’ from the Angry Birds video game stands outside the campaign office of Taiwanese presidential candidate Tsai Ing-wen. Red Bird is made of crimson-tinted piggy banks which have been arranged in a latticework to form the popular video game character’s head. via Hungeree.
A team of architects and ice sculptors collaborated together to build a city made entirely of snow and ice in Sokolniki Park located within Moscow. The ‘Moroz City’ (Frost City) required 1,000 cubic meters of snow and 500 blocks of ice which were laid out on an area measuring 2,500 square meters. The ice city includes a bank, a fitness club, prison, theater, hotel, and other buildings and attractions. Construction of the city was completed on January 10, 2011 and the venue was opened to visitors today. via Hungeree.
Five tendrils designed to look like thick stalks of green grass serve as the bendable fingers of light on the ‘Fresh’ LED lamp which may be pointed and directed in different directions as needed. via Hungeree.
Bette Franke, Fei Fei Sun, Maud Welzen, Zuzanna Bijoch and Male Model Clément Chabernaud by Deborah Turbeville. Continue »
One of the most exciting contemporary artists of our time, Korean Do Ho Suh, created this large sculptural installation that doesn’t look like much until you come closer. Glass plates rest on thousands of multicolored miniature plastic figures who are crowded together with their heads and arms turned skyward. Together, they are holding the weight of the individual visitor who steps onto the floor.
Elle Moss is a fine art photographer from the Ann Arbor, Michigan area, USA.
Chloe Lecareux by Richard Bernardin for Grazia France January 2012 Continue »
Martha Streck by Manuel Nogueira for Elle Brazil January 2012 Continue »
Eva Herzigova by David Roemer for Marie Claire Spain January 2012 Continue »
Dakota Fanning by David Slijper for Elle UK February 2012 Continue »
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Color Palettes From Famous Movies Show How Colors Set The Mood Of A Film
- Hilarious “Work Safety” Posters From The Soviet Union Era
- Drift Away: Beautiful Handcrafted Eco-Friendly Jewelry Made From Driftwood And Bioresin
- Amazing Wooden VW Beetle Made By Bosnian Pensioner
- Daredevil Skateboarding On A Giant Yugoslav Monument
- This Russian Woman Grew Her Hair To Rapunzel Length
- London Drug Dealers’ Messages Through The Lens Of Conventional Marketing
- Computer Love: The Ultimate Guide To Computing
- Gibson Girls: The Sexiest Women Of All Time
- Surreal Abandoned Building From Kamchatka
- Epic Video Game Room Decoration Ideas From PIXERS
- This Artist Has Turned Store’s Regular Trashcan Into A Trashcan For People’s Hopes And Dreams
- Edwardian Criminal Faces Of North Shields: Vintage Mugshots Of Women In The Early 1900s
- Man Quits Job, Sells Everything To Travel With His Rescue Cat Across Australia
- What If Popular Media Persons Appears In Popular 2016 Movie Posters?