4 Fundamentals to Being Found Online
Capturing the attention of your customers is never easy, but the internet has leveled the playing field for smaller businesses when it comes to competing against the big guys. If you own or operate a website for your business there are fundamental tactics you can employ to help increase your visibility on the web. Let’s take a look.
1. Site Architecture & Accessibility
Organize your site in a simple and logical manner; this is good for both the user and search engines. The structure of the site gives clues to the search engines about what pages are important. Using breadcrumb navigation is often recommended as it is usually considered an easy to navigate format. Make sure your website looks great on multiple screens. To learn and understand this, check out: Beginners Intro: Considering Responsive Web Design
Create and upload an XML Sitemap to help Google find and crawl all of the pages on your site.
2. Website Content
Spend some time thinking about what keywords and phrases your customers use to search for your product or service. Incorporate those words in the content on your website and in the page titles and page headings. Make sure that you have unique page titles for each page on your site. Use the most important and relevant keyword to that specific page as close to the beginning of the title.
Provide interesting and useful content. Share via social networks (if you don’t have a business page on the top social sites linking to your website – do it now). When people find the content on your site valuable they will link to it and share it, and that’s a good thing for you.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Classical Portraiture Meets Modern Architecture In These Digital Collage Mash-Ups
- This Unique New Bookstore In China Is Filled With Optical Illusions
- Some Entries For 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Isosceles: Unique Female Lingerie Inspired By Geometry And Architecture
- 23 Striking And Surreptitious Photos Capture Street Scenes Of Pennsylvania In The 1970s
- Dance Moves Turned Into Charcoal Drawings By Heather Hansen
- Glow Worms Turn This New Zealand Cave Into Starry Night
- Color Palettes From Famous Movies Show How Colors Set The Mood Of A Film
- Hilarious “Work Safety” Posters From The Soviet Union Era
- Drift Away: Beautiful Handcrafted Eco-Friendly Jewelry Made From Driftwood And Bioresin
- Amazing Wooden VW Beetle Made By Bosnian Pensioner
- Daredevil Skateboarding On A Giant Yugoslav Monument
- This Russian Woman Grew Her Hair To Rapunzel Length
- London Drug Dealers’ Messages Through The Lens Of Conventional Marketing
- Computer Love: The Ultimate Guide To Computing