4 Fundamentals to Being Found Online
Capturing the attention of your customers is never easy, but the internet has leveled the playing field for smaller businesses when it comes to competing against the big guys. If you own or operate a website for your business there are fundamental tactics you can employ to help increase your visibility on the web. Let’s take a look.
1. Site Architecture & Accessibility
Organize your site in a simple and logical manner; this is good for both the user and search engines. The structure of the site gives clues to the search engines about what pages are important. Using breadcrumb navigation is often recommended as it is usually considered an easy to navigate format. Make sure your website looks great on multiple screens. To learn and understand this, check out: Beginners Intro: Considering Responsive Web Design
Create and upload an XML Sitemap to help Google find and crawl all of the pages on your site.
2. Website Content
Spend some time thinking about what keywords and phrases your customers use to search for your product or service. Incorporate those words in the content on your website and in the page titles and page headings. Make sure that you have unique page titles for each page on your site. Use the most important and relevant keyword to that specific page as close to the beginning of the title.
Provide interesting and useful content. Share via social networks (if you don’t have a business page on the top social sites linking to your website – do it now). When people find the content on your site valuable they will link to it and share it, and that’s a good thing for you.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- This Adorable Series Documents A Toddler And Her Pup Growing Up
- Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook
- This Inspirational Girl Saved a Homeless Dog in the Most Ingenious Way
- Ten Awe-Inspiring Routes You Need to Travel Along at Least Once in Your Life
- Cats and Girls by Sean Marc Lee
- Numbers on Stairs Help Kids Learn to Count
- Brave Mum Dresses As Wonder Woman For Last Day Of Chemo
- These Granny Panties Will Revolutionize Your Sex Life
- Couple’s Dog Is the Cameraman On Their Enchanting Wedding Day
- Stunning Photos of ‘Star Wars’ Scenes Created with Lego
- Children With Down Syndrome Recreate Famous Paintings To Prove That Everyone Is A Work Of Art
- This Dutch Museum is Covered in Grass and Has a Rooftop Walkway
- Goat Put In Tiger Enclosure As Lunch, Steals Tiger’s Bed And Becomes Boss