4 Fundamentals to Being Found Online
Capturing the attention of your customers is never easy, but the internet has leveled the playing field for smaller businesses when it comes to competing against the big guys. If you own or operate a website for your business there are fundamental tactics you can employ to help increase your visibility on the web. Let’s take a look.
1. Site Architecture & Accessibility
Organize your site in a simple and logical manner; this is good for both the user and search engines. The structure of the site gives clues to the search engines about what pages are important. Using breadcrumb navigation is often recommended as it is usually considered an easy to navigate format. Make sure your website looks great on multiple screens. To learn and understand this, check out: Beginners Intro: Considering Responsive Web Design
Create and upload an XML Sitemap to help Google find and crawl all of the pages on your site.
2. Website Content
Spend some time thinking about what keywords and phrases your customers use to search for your product or service. Incorporate those words in the content on your website and in the page titles and page headings. Make sure that you have unique page titles for each page on your site. Use the most important and relevant keyword to that specific page as close to the beginning of the title.
Provide interesting and useful content. Share via social networks (if you don’t have a business page on the top social sites linking to your website – do it now). When people find the content on your site valuable they will link to it and share it, and that’s a good thing for you.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Dog Loves to Play Dress Up With Cardboard Cutouts
- You Need A Mermaid Blanket In Your Life
- Anonymous Vigilante Is Fighting Asshole Drivers With This Parking Note
- Artist Covered The Poland National Gallery’s Staircase In Colorful Paint
- Slope Point Trees: Beauty Created By Force Of Nature
- Brazilian Families Pose With Children Affected By Zika Virus
- Check Out The Yorkshire Terrier That Will Give You Dream Hairstyle Goals
- Life-Size 1964 Ford Mustang Recreated In Lego
- Apple To Create New UK Headquarters At London’s Battersea Power Station
- This Mind-Blowing Audi Truck Could Be The Future Of Big Rigs
- A Look Inside The Luxurious Boeing 747-8 VIP
- How The Pros Film Crocodiles Up Close
- Sharon Stone And Anton Rivas In “Dog Day Afternoon” Photoshoot (2012)
- French Florist Spends 15 Years Decorating His Shop With 800 Water Cans
- This Humble Little House Was Designed For A Chef To Live On The Coast Of Norway