PodKit Watch is an elegant pocket watch style case for iPod nano.
Clip Clok is a nano replacement analog timepiece that is compatible with PodKit Watch and all other iPod nano watch kits!
Both are made from aerospace aluminum and available to pre-order on Kickstarter at savings of 30% or more compared with estimated retail prices. www.kickstarter.com/projects/simonkwan/podkit-watch-clipclok-ipod-nano-case-watch-module
SHANGHAI, China – The PodKit Watch™ + ClipClok™ are an elegant pocket watch style case for Apple’s iPod nano®, and an analog timepiece module that’s compatible with PodKit Watch™ and all other nano watch accessories. They’re the latest product designs launching on Kickstarter, a popular crowdfunding website.
The products’ designer, Simon Kwan, says while existing nano watch kits are popular (he owns several), there are opportunities to make them easier to use with improved versatility and appeal. PodKit Watch™ key features:
• iPod nano® can be easily installed or removed without tools (unlike some popular nano watch bands)
• PodKit Watch™ looks and feels more like jewelry than a gadget accessory, with a variety of available motifs and colors
• Front cover fully protects nano’s touchscreen display
• Cover release button automatically wakes nano’s display from sleep mode
• Headphone jack protected by magnetic cover
• It can be chained to clothing and bags
• Or worn as a pendant; which is more comfortable than wristwatch kits when using nano’s music player with headphones
ClipClok™ is an analog timepiece module that can replace iPod nano® as a watch on rainy days (nano isn’t waterproof) or when nano is re-charging. ClipClok™ key features:
• Fully compatible with PodKit Watch™ and all other iPod nano® watch kits
• Hardened glass crystal
• Functional rear clip
• Waterproof to 3 ATM (30 meters / 98 ft)
• Quality Japanese quartz movement with date calendar and 5-year battery
With this list of features, it’s safe to say that Kwan has carefully studied existing nano watch accessories to develop what he feels is a more comprehensive and elegant solution.
He especially focused on designing products he hopes are appealing for both men and women; who Kwan believes have been under appreciated by current nano watch kit designs, “My girlfriend loves her nano, but when she tried wearing one of my nano wristwatch kits, it looked awkwardly large on her and wouldn’t properly fit. Those big watch bands don’t appeal to her feminine style.”
The success of other designers on Kickstarter inspired his decision to crowdfund his project. Kwan has only until September 2 for his project to reach its Funding Goal. Both PodKit Watch™ and ClipClok™ are priced well below retail for Kickstarter pre-orders.
Will PodKit Watch™ + ClipClok™ become the next Kickstarter success story? It all depends on the project’s supporters, known as Backers. To become a Backer or learn more about this project, please visit: kck.st/OIMag4
Kickstarter Page: kck.st/OIMag4
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/pages/PodKit-Watch/386891058036944
Don't forget to subscribe to our fantastic RSS Feed, join Design You Trust community on Facebook, follow us on Twitter,Pinterest and Tumblr! If you enjoyed our posts we humbly ask you to comment and help us spread the word! Looking for advertisment or special promotion on Design You Trust? Click Here.