Celebrity Mugshots Get A 1920’s Makeover
Mugshot Doppelgänger takes actual mugshots of current celebs and combine them with vintage mugshots of whores, gangsters, fraudsters, and crooks from 1920’s Australia.
“There’s a strange connection that draws us into vintage photographs. Seeing doppelgängers (look-a-likes) in old pictures is our brain’s way of linking us to the past. We see what isn’t there – someone recognizable, a family member, maybe a friend, and then there are the ones that bear an uncanny resemblance to modern day celebrities. We’re so used to seeing celebrity faces on our tv, on blogs, and we even know what their mugshots look like. The tacky looking mugshots we have today are in stark contrast to the mugshots taken in the 1920’s. Vintage mugshots have an eerie beauty to them that’s lost in current mugshot photography. What would celebrity mugshots, the ones we’ve become accustomed to seeing on TMZ, look like if instead they were taken in the 1920’s?
Welcome to this photographic archive of celebrity criminal history. It’s a world similar to our own just shifted a little. It’s a site we like to call, Mugshot Doppelgänger. From Michael Jason Enriquez, an Advertising student at Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, currently a creative intern at RPA in Santa Monica, and creator of Cholafied.com”
|If you like this post,|
support us on Facebook:
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Brilliant Illustrations of the Beautiful Girls by Eric Hibbeler
- Artist Turns Her 2-Year-Old’s Sketches Into Paintings
- Nothing More Inspiring than Disney Princesses as Hotdogs
- Nightmarish Illustrations That Will Have You Hiding Under The Bed
- What Do You Think of this Dessert Themed Public Toilet in Japan?
- Dad Creates First-of-Its-Kind Magical Book for His Son
- An Artist Captured the Innocence of Childhood by Photographing His Three Sons
- Double-Exposure Animal Portraits By Dániel Taylor
- This Biology Teacher Has Her Own Way of Teaching About the Human Body at School
- Green Varnish Installation
- 25 Free Product Packaging Mock-ups – October 2015 Edition
- Taking Pictures at IKEA is the Solution to All Your Tindr Needs
- Top Products of the Week via The Gadget Flow #12
- Amazing Pictures Taken at Exactly the Right Moment
- Hungary Fashion Photographer Under Fire Over ‘Migrant Chic’ Shoot