Celebrity Mugshots Get A 1920’s Makeover
Mugshot Doppelgänger takes actual mugshots of current celebs and combine them with vintage mugshots of whores, gangsters, fraudsters, and crooks from 1920’s Australia.
“There’s a strange connection that draws us into vintage photographs. Seeing doppelgängers (look-a-likes) in old pictures is our brain’s way of linking us to the past. We see what isn’t there – someone recognizable, a family member, maybe a friend, and then there are the ones that bear an uncanny resemblance to modern day celebrities. We’re so used to seeing celebrity faces on our tv, on blogs, and we even know what their mugshots look like. The tacky looking mugshots we have today are in stark contrast to the mugshots taken in the 1920’s. Vintage mugshots have an eerie beauty to them that’s lost in current mugshot photography. What would celebrity mugshots, the ones we’ve become accustomed to seeing on TMZ, look like if instead they were taken in the 1920’s?
Welcome to this photographic archive of celebrity criminal history. It’s a world similar to our own just shifted a little. It’s a site we like to call, Mugshot Doppelgänger. From Michael Jason Enriquez, an Advertising student at Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, currently a creative intern at RPA in Santa Monica, and creator of Cholafied.com”
Recently on Design You Trust
- Scarlett Hooft Graafland Creates Surreal Installations Over The Beautiful Landscapes
- Gran Told Hubby New Dog Was Jack Russell…But He Grew Into One Of The Biggest In UK
- Bunch O Balloons
- POD Tents
- Vinyl Me, Please
- Spectral : Free Responsive MultiPurpose HTML5 template
- Free Ecommerce Apps UI Kit PSD
- 25 Free High Quality Responsive Magazine WordPress Themes
- 20 Crab Logo Design For Inspiration
- 25+ Native American Tattoo Designs