Celebrity Mugshots Get A 1920’s Makeover
Mugshot Doppelgänger takes actual mugshots of current celebs and combine them with vintage mugshots of whores, gangsters, fraudsters, and crooks from 1920’s Australia.
“There’s a strange connection that draws us into vintage photographs. Seeing doppelgängers (look-a-likes) in old pictures is our brain’s way of linking us to the past. We see what isn’t there – someone recognizable, a family member, maybe a friend, and then there are the ones that bear an uncanny resemblance to modern day celebrities. We’re so used to seeing celebrity faces on our tv, on blogs, and we even know what their mugshots look like. The tacky looking mugshots we have today are in stark contrast to the mugshots taken in the 1920’s. Vintage mugshots have an eerie beauty to them that’s lost in current mugshot photography. What would celebrity mugshots, the ones we’ve become accustomed to seeing on TMZ, look like if instead they were taken in the 1920’s?
Welcome to this photographic archive of celebrity criminal history. It’s a world similar to our own just shifted a little. It’s a site we like to call, Mugshot Doppelgänger. From Michael Jason Enriquez, an Advertising student at Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, currently a creative intern at RPA in Santa Monica, and creator of Cholafied.com”
Recently on Design You Trust
- Products of The Day #421
- A New Comic-inspired Mural by Street Artist Deih for UpNorth-Festival in Sulitjelma // Norway
- The World’s Largest Outdoor Mural Created by Street Artists Ella & Pitr in Klepp, Norway
- “Invisible New Yorkers” – A New Mural by German Street Artists “The Weird Crew” in Brooklyn // NYC
- Miniature Food Art Created on Spoons by Romanian Artist Ioana Vanc
- “Never Bring Sand To The Beach” – feat. Model Samii Ryan by Photographer Martin Murillo
- Adorable Portraits of Hip Hop Icons (Jay Z, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar + more) by German Artist Ivan Beslic
- No. 5065 Scooter
- Setting Up a 3-Star Michelin Plate