- Storm damage projected at £12bn // Ten people in New York among the dead // Many killed by falling trees
- President Barack Obama has declared a ‘major disaster’ in New York and Long Island
- President announces that he will visit New Jersey on Wednesday and warns that the crisis ‘is not yet over’
- At least 7.4m properties across US East have lost power // New York City could be without power for a week
- NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg: ‘Tragically we expect that number to go up’ referring to New York death toll
- Record 13ft storm surge threatening lower Manhattan and howling winds left crane hanging from high-rise building
Hurricane Sandy hits New York City
Winds are picking up and waves are increasing in size as Hurricane Sandy gets closer to the New York City coast on Oct. 29, 2012. Here, waves crash along the shore of Coney Island.
Vermin: Stock picture of rats in New York. Rats could come into contact with humans as they seek safety from the flood.
Rats escaping New York floods could infest homes.Urban rats carry wide range of diseases, including plague
Don't forget to subscribe to our fantastic RSS Feed, join Design You Trust community on Facebook, follow us on Twitter,Pinterest and Tumblr! If you enjoyed our posts we humbly ask you to comment and help us spread the word! Looking for advertisment or special promotion on Design You Trust? Click Here.