Beautiful Vintage Photos of BMW Isetta
The Isetta is an Italian-designed microcar built under licence in a number of different countries, including Spain, Belgium, France, Brazil, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Produced in the post-World War II years, a time when cheap short-distance transportation was most needed, it became one of the most successful and influential city cars ever created. Because of its egg shape and bubble-like windows, it became known as a bubble car, a name later given to other similar vehicles.
The BMW Isetta was in 1955 the world’s first mass-production 3-Litres/100km car. It was the top-selling single-cylinder car in the world, with 161,728 units sold.
See more at vintag.es
Recently on Design You Trust
- 4 Reasons Why Czar Might Prove To Be The King Of WordPress Themes
- Popular Brand Logos Recreated with American and Chinese Bills by Visual Artist Dai Dai Tran
- Google has a new logo
- QuickStand by Humanscale
- Grovemade Key Ring
- When An Artist Turns Himself Into Superheroes Thanks To Body Painting
- Brum Brum Balance Bike
- Iron & Air Magazine
- Staple 2015 Fall/Winter Lookbook
- Dragon Ball Z Pop Culture Fusion