Britain’s tallest Christmas tree Installation 27.5 metres high and sparkles with 100,000 Led bulbs
Britain’s tallest Christmas tree 27.5 metres high and sparkles with 100,000 bulbs
- Tree stands at 27.5m and 10m wide with 20,000 baubles
- Tree took 12 men seven days to put up and decorate
- Planning permission needed to put up huge tree with decorations that weigh six tons
Decking the halls with boughs of holly and decorating the Christmas tree can often prove a stressful task for most households.
But this year, spare a thought for the team of 12 men who spent seven days putting up Britain’s tallest artificial Christmas tree in Cheshire.
Standing 27.5metres (90ft) tall, and 10metres (32ft) across, the mammoth structure is decorated with nine kilometres of white fairy lights made from 100,000 LED bulbs, 1,000 football-sized red baubles and another 20,000 smaller ones. On top, there’s an extra two kilometres of cabling and everything is held together with half a ton of nuts and bolts.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Portuguese Street Artist Wrapped Up A Giant Squirrel On The Streets Of Tallinn In Estonia
- Gorgeous Recipes Show Avocado Slices Arranged In Swirls, Shaped Into Roses
- Funny And Creative Illustrations Of Visual Puns That Will Make You Laugh
- An Artist Combines Famous Brands Logotypes With Classical Painting
- The Elephant That Was Injured By A Landmine Gets Her New Artificial Leg
- Street Art Puts Leonardo DiCaprio And Hillary Clinton In Money-Laundering Machine
- Skull Walker: A Creepy Scuttling Skull-Creature
- Meet The Father Who Makes Amazing Sculptures Out Of Toast For Daughter Who Has Severe Food Allergies
- This Guy Makes A DIY Axe Handle Out Of Gummy Bears
- Arctic Expedition Discover Mysterious Hole Cut Into The Ice
- Bizarre Apex Predator Shoes Get A Full Tooth Implant For Soles
- Probably, This Is The World’s Most Peaceful Toilet
- Autumn Forest Is Prettiest In Czechia Thanks To Photographer Janek Sedlář
- Bioluminescent Sea Fireflies Glittering Like Diamonds On The Rocks And Sand
- Fine Art Turned Into Clothes Lets You Wear Your Favorite Paintings