Groundbreaking Stone Sculptures by Hirotoshi Itoh
Hirotoshi Itoh graduated from Tokyo National Fine Arts University in 1982 and later went into his family business as a stonemason. He spent several years working with metal before turning his attention to stones. Utilizing stones found in a river bank near his home, Itoh creates sculptures that juxtapose the original shape and hardness of the material with surprising humor and texture. Some of the sculptures you will see below will have you saying, “How the hell is that even possible?” We can assure Adobe Photoshop was not involved.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Floating Piers Opens On Lake Iseo In Italy Allowing Visitors To Walk On Water
- Lovingly-Detailed Outlander Birthday Cake
- Femme Fatales: Mug Shots Of Female Criminals From Early 20th Century Australia
- Which Type Of Traveler Are You?
- Benny Harlem & His Daughter Jaxyn’s Long Natural Hair Has Broken The Internet