Portraits Using Tiny Figures by Craig Alan
Californian artist Craig Alan creates unique and amazing portraits using tiny figures as pixels. He has created images of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Elvis Presley, as well as the Statue of Liberty, with his realist technique.
Craig Alan was born in 1971 in San Bernardino, California. Craig’s earliest experimentation took the form of street portraiture, an endeavor that helped him perfect his flair for replicating the human figure and afforded the budding artist a sense of economic autonomy.
It was not until his sophomore year at the University of Mobile, Alabama, however, that Craig began vigorously training in art. A blending of disparate influences and media is visually apparent in all of Craig’s works, which demonstrate a broad knowledge and appreciation of the human form. Craig’s collections run the gamut from abstract expressionism to haunting, graphic realism, each one a reflection of its creator’s unique vision.
A minor concentration in theater further diversified Craig’s craft, arming him with additional techniques in makeup and set design. This blending of disparate influences and media is visually apparent in all of Craig’s works, which demonstrate a broad knowledge and appreciation of the human form as well as the colorful world these beings occupy. Combining his skills into elaborate textures, hues and compositions, Craig’s artwork reveals a technical sophistication as well as an elaborate imagination.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Ombre Tights Hand-Dyed By Tiffany Ju
- Maid-Themed Cafe In Chinese City Of Hangzhou
- Eerie Photographs Captured By An Urban Explorer Show An Abandoned Mental Asylum Crumbling Into Disrepair
- UK Royal Society Of Biology’s Photographer Of The Year Shortlist
- This Guy Took Apart A Drum Set And Turned It Into Something Awesome
- Rural Daily Life In A Small Tuscany Village Beautifully Photographed By Marco Sgarbi
- Badass Steampunk Skull Rocker Leather Waist And Holster Bag
- Breathtaking Photos Of London From Above
- Amazing Hand Painting Illusions By Ray Massey And Annie Ralli
- Elderly Animals By Isa Leshko
- Japanese Artist Makes Models Burst At The Seams With Creepy Zips, Buttons And Power Plugs Painted On Their Skin
- Fantasy Animals By Lee Cross
- This Artist Duo Uses Face As A Canvas To Recreate Famous Classic Paintings
- Art Of The Deep Space
- Vintage Pie Ads