Portraits Using Tiny Figures by Craig Alan
Californian artist Craig Alan creates unique and amazing portraits using tiny figures as pixels. He has created images of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn and Elvis Presley, as well as the Statue of Liberty, with his realist technique.
Craig Alan was born in 1971 in San Bernardino, California. Craig’s earliest experimentation took the form of street portraiture, an endeavor that helped him perfect his flair for replicating the human figure and afforded the budding artist a sense of economic autonomy.
It was not until his sophomore year at the University of Mobile, Alabama, however, that Craig began vigorously training in art. A blending of disparate influences and media is visually apparent in all of Craig’s works, which demonstrate a broad knowledge and appreciation of the human form. Craig’s collections run the gamut from abstract expressionism to haunting, graphic realism, each one a reflection of its creator’s unique vision.
A minor concentration in theater further diversified Craig’s craft, arming him with additional techniques in makeup and set design. This blending of disparate influences and media is visually apparent in all of Craig’s works, which demonstrate a broad knowledge and appreciation of the human form as well as the colorful world these beings occupy. Combining his skills into elaborate textures, hues and compositions, Craig’s artwork reveals a technical sophistication as well as an elaborate imagination.
Trending on Design You Trust:
- Famous Songs Hilariously Explained With Simple Comics
- The Angel Oak Tree In South Carolina Is Infernally Beautiful
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images
- Chinese City Opens Awesome Five-Star Public Toilet
- Aerial Images Of Salterns That Blur The Line Between Photograph And Painting
- Polish Craftsman Creates Amazing Household Items With A Folk Twist
- Marvelous Dreamlike Portraits Of Redheads With Red Foxes By Alexandra Bochkareva
- This Peculiar Board Game Is Anticipated To Be Biggest Kickstarter Campaign Ever
- Surreal Animal Hybrid Tattoos Look Like Quirky Sketchbook Drawings
- What Michelle Obama’s Campaign Branding May Look Like If She Runs For President
- Photographer Andreas Levers Captures The Hazy Glow Of Unpopulated Streets At Night
- Oxford University Women’s Rugby Team Strip Off For Charity Calendar
- Frozen Beauty: The Look Inside Europe’s Largest Glacier
- This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
- Black Model Recreates Famous Fashion Campaigns To Highlight Lack Of Diversity In Fashion Industry