Thanksgiving by the Numbers
Thanksgiving has a long and storied history. It’s one of the oldest holiday traditions started by the first European settlers of the Americas, and the very first Thanksgiving was very different from what we experience today. The original Thanksgiving was a 3-day harvest feast held by the founders of the Plymouth colony in 1621. Today, nearly 46 million turkeys are eaten at Thanksgiving, accompanied by the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and it’s 15 large balloons. See the rest of the differences below.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Massive 4,000lb Arthas Statue Erected In Taiwan For Blizzard’s 25th Anniversary
- Beautiful Pop Culture Illustrations By Alice X. Zhang
- Turbo-Reactive Diesel-Punk: Flying Retro Cars By Alejandro Burdisio
- Stunning Glass Sculptures By K. William LeQuier
- Stunning Oil Paintings Of Tattooed Women By Chris Guest