Thanksgiving by the Numbers
Thanksgiving has a long and storied history. It’s one of the oldest holiday traditions started by the first European settlers of the Americas, and the very first Thanksgiving was very different from what we experience today. The original Thanksgiving was a 3-day harvest feast held by the founders of the Plymouth colony in 1621. Today, nearly 46 million turkeys are eaten at Thanksgiving, accompanied by the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and it’s 15 large balloons. See the rest of the differences below.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Rio Olympics 2016 Team GB Athletes Strip Off For Campaign To Encourage Schoolgirls To Take Up Exercise
- Atkins Ciwem Environmental Photographer Of The Year 2016 Winners
- This Photographer Has Captured Stunning Images Of America’s Most Intense Storms From An Extraordinarily Close Perspective
- Mermaid Tights That Make It Look Like You’re Developing A Tail
- Kennel Club Dog Photographer Of The Year 2016