A Greek Dinner at Boukiés, New York
Today New York Design Agenda bring you the best of Greece in a dining table. It’s fair to say we have been there, and we’ve done that!
Boukiés Restaurant in New York is our Saturday suggestion for your dinner with friends and family.
Recently opened, Boukiés honors the breadth of traditional greek meze cuisine by bringing fresh, small plates from all regions of greece to an elegant, contemporary and comfortable setting in the heart of the east village.
This contemporary, restaurant spells comfort, with cushy banquettes begging for big groups or luxuriant naps. “Boukiés” means “small bites” in Greek, and a meal can easily be made of them.
A baked medley of Greek cheeses served with roasted red pepper compote and a smoked potato seafood salad of mussels, shrimp, octopus and lemon-mustard vinaigrette kick off proceedings well.
Pulled-lamb sandwiches on pita and braised Macedonian-style meatballs simmered in red wine, prunes and leeks are incredible. Challenge your wine knowledge with an erudite Greek list that’s not dumbed down, featuring unpronounceable grapes from regions you’ve never heard of. Athens native Christos Valtzoglou (Pylos) and Greek-food guru Diane Kochilas are behind it.
Manhattan, NY 10003
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Craftsman Creates Absolutely Badass Steampunk Masks, Outfits And Accessories
- Amazing Surreal And Tribal Backpacks By Konstantin Kofta
- Foreboding Creature Tattoos Are Modern Brothers Grimm
- These 13 Satirical Cartoons Depict The Disturbing Reality Of Modern-Day Society
- The Algonquin Hotel In NYC Has A Kitty Concierge Named Matilda
- Romantic And Heart-Melting Unsent Text Messages
- Mumbai’s Taxis Makeover
- Korean Woman Raises 200 Dogs Saved From Streets
- You Can Stay At This Converted Oil Rig In Malaysia And Go Diving
- Le Bristol Hotel In Paris Has Two Birman Kitties Watching Over The Lobby
- Stress Relief Service In Moscow
- Winners Of The National Geographic’s Kids Photography Competition 2015
- These Protective Wearables Feature Tiny Cat Ears For Added Playfulness
- New Campaign ‘Sexxenger’ Highlights Online Danger For Kids
- Animalistic Soldier Portraits By Alexander Khokhlov