Artis Capital Management in San Francisco, California
Rottet Studio aimed to create a relaxing work space tailored to the company’s unique culture of the 14-person trading team. The office was conceived as a “white box.” As the white planes peel away, the materials, textures and colors behind are revealed resulting in a “visually quiet” space which counteracts the constant visual stimulation of multiple computer screens.
No walls touch the perimeter and service areas are located around the core, allowing clear views throughout the space of the entire city. The carpet emulates water lapping on the shore. A dark gray cleft stone surrounds the entire floor between columns to reinforce the notion of rippling tides at the water’s edge. Along the Bay side, incisions are cut into the white box in the ceiling in a pattern that emulates barges in the Bay.
The city side is rigid and orthogonal mimicking the city’s grid pattern. The six small offices double as mini art galleries. A giant door conceals the work area and, when closed, the room is void of visual elements allowing the impressive art collection to be the feature. The lounge-style chairs allow employees to retreat into their “home” and relax.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- You Can Stay At This Converted Oil Rig In Malaysia And Go Diving
- Le Bristol Hotel In Paris Has Two Birman Kitties Watching Over The Lobby
- Stress Relief Service In Moscow
- Winners Of The National Geographic’s Kids Photography Competition 2015
- These Protective Wearables Feature Tiny Cat Ears For Added Playfulness
- New Campaign ‘Sexxenger’ Highlights Online Danger For Kids
- Animalistic Soldier Portraits By Alexander Khokhlov
- Europe’s First Underwater Sculpture Museum
- Adorable ‘Little Monks’ In Chongqing Go Viral Online
- Oscar Movie Posters Remade With ‘Winnie The Pooh’ Will Add Critical Acclaim To Your Childhood
- This Adorable Cat Just Got A Much Deserved Promotion
- The First Non-Nude Issue Of Playboy Is Here
- A Man Created A Bathroom Mirror That Looks Like The Future
- Get Shit Done With Mi Goals
- A Catlendar To Make You Smile All Year Round In 2016