Artis Capital Management in San Francisco, California
Rottet Studio aimed to create a relaxing work space tailored to the company’s unique culture of the 14-person trading team. The office was conceived as a “white box.” As the white planes peel away, the materials, textures and colors behind are revealed resulting in a “visually quiet” space which counteracts the constant visual stimulation of multiple computer screens.
No walls touch the perimeter and service areas are located around the core, allowing clear views throughout the space of the entire city. The carpet emulates water lapping on the shore. A dark gray cleft stone surrounds the entire floor between columns to reinforce the notion of rippling tides at the water’s edge. Along the Bay side, incisions are cut into the white box in the ceiling in a pattern that emulates barges in the Bay.
The city side is rigid and orthogonal mimicking the city’s grid pattern. The six small offices double as mini art galleries. A giant door conceals the work area and, when closed, the room is void of visual elements allowing the impressive art collection to be the feature. The lounge-style chairs allow employees to retreat into their “home” and relax.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Floating Piers Opens On Lake Iseo In Italy Allowing Visitors To Walk On Water
- Lovingly-Detailed Outlander Birthday Cake
- Femme Fatales: Mug Shots Of Female Criminals From Early 20th Century Australia
- Which Type Of Traveler Are You?
- Benny Harlem & His Daughter Jaxyn’s Long Natural Hair Has Broken The Internet