Artis Capital Management in San Francisco, California
Rottet Studio aimed to create a relaxing work space tailored to the company’s unique culture of the 14-person trading team. The office was conceived as a “white box.” As the white planes peel away, the materials, textures and colors behind are revealed resulting in a “visually quiet” space which counteracts the constant visual stimulation of multiple computer screens.
No walls touch the perimeter and service areas are located around the core, allowing clear views throughout the space of the entire city. The carpet emulates water lapping on the shore. A dark gray cleft stone surrounds the entire floor between columns to reinforce the notion of rippling tides at the water’s edge. Along the Bay side, incisions are cut into the white box in the ceiling in a pattern that emulates barges in the Bay.
The city side is rigid and orthogonal mimicking the city’s grid pattern. The six small offices double as mini art galleries. A giant door conceals the work area and, when closed, the room is void of visual elements allowing the impressive art collection to be the feature. The lounge-style chairs allow employees to retreat into their “home” and relax.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- This Adorable Series Documents A Toddler And Her Pup Growing Up
- Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook
- This Inspirational Girl Saved a Homeless Dog in the Most Ingenious Way
- Ten Awe-Inspiring Routes You Need to Travel Along at Least Once in Your Life
- Cats and Girls by Sean Marc Lee
- Numbers on Stairs Help Kids Learn to Count
- Brave Mum Dresses As Wonder Woman For Last Day Of Chemo
- These Granny Panties Will Revolutionize Your Sex Life
- Couple’s Dog Is the Cameraman On Their Enchanting Wedding Day
- Stunning Photos of ‘Star Wars’ Scenes Created with Lego
- Children With Down Syndrome Recreate Famous Paintings To Prove That Everyone Is A Work Of Art
- This Dutch Museum is Covered in Grass and Has a Rooftop Walkway
- Goat Put In Tiger Enclosure As Lunch, Steals Tiger’s Bed And Becomes Boss