The Belgian Fashion photographer has created a peculiar alternate world where men, women and children look like they have been pumping iron since the moment they popped out of the womb. The surreal scenarios range from a Victorian era bedroom to an abandoned theme park. The strangest image just might be the schoolgirl in bunny ears lifting weights, although others are certainly contenders. The disturbing effects of superhuman enhancement remind us of Phillip Toledano’s plastic surgery series, except while Toledano’s subjects altered their bodies in real life, Stallaert’s manipulations are all digitally enhanced.
12 Creative Photo manipulation works by Photographer Kurt Stallaert
We definitely wouldn’t want to rock this steroid-chic look, but we have to admit there is something strangely seductive about the bulging muscles in the pictures below.
See how Children Bodybuilders would look like
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Woman Knits Tiny Wool Sweaters to Keep Chickens Warm
- Feeding Polar Bears from a Tank, 1950
- Berlin Summer Apartment, by Loft Szczecin Studio
- The Strangest, yet Amusing Days on Earth!
- Astrid Holler by Nicole Bentley for Vogue Australia December 2015
- 20 Perfect Photographs that Reveal the True Beauty of Our World in All Its Glory
- 15 Wonderfully Satisfying Photographs to Put Your Tired Mind to Rest
- This Standing Table Has a “Personality” of Its Own
- Bamboo and Glass Toaster Lets You See How Your Bread is Being Toasted
- Incredible Levitation Photography by Mike Dempsey
- Interior Renovation by HAO Design
- Street Portraits from Dubai to Hong Kong
- WoodUp Qubi, To Most Elegant Charging Station For The Apple Watch
- Just Grow It: French Artist Transforms Nike Sneakers Into Blooming Plant Gardens
- Hide and Seek by Max Colson