Mobile Advertising: The Big Picture
Welcome to the wireless revolution! If you’re new to the 4G wireless age, don’t worry. This is a great opportunity to learn about this technology and how it applies to business today. But, we understand that you do know business – and advertising. And, you certainly know how important advertising is to your business.
Like any business owner, advertising is an expense to your bottom line. So, it’s important to spend your advertising dollars to your greatest advantage. And as technology changes, advertising strategies and tools must change, too.
This article will help you begin advertising to mobile phone users that are taking advantage of 4G technology. This technology gives them access to the internet, fast downloads, and streaming audio and video in addition to their voice and text messaging capabilities.
Even if you have a website and advertise via the internet, you may not be convinced that mobile advertising is right for your business. Following are some statistics that might change your mind.
Nielsen Mobile, which reports on trends in the wireless industry said that, back in May 2008, 15.6 percent of mobile subscribers in the US made regular use of the mobile Internet on their devices. As of January 2012 that number has increased to 69% of mobile phone users accessing the Internet daily on their mobile phones!
95 million mobile users in the US are paying for internet access on their mobile phones, but they do not use it regularly, according to this same report.
Nielsen also reports that these mobile customers most often use their mobile internet connection to visit websites – even more frequently than they use it to access email.
Yahoo reports that it expects that by 2017 more users will access the internet via their mobile phones than via their home or business PC’s.
eMarketer reports that even older baby boomers (those aged 54-62) access the internet at least once per month, meaning that internet marketing truly appeals to all ages.
eMarketer also reports that in the UK, restaurant advertising on mobile phones grew 67% in the year up to July 2012, and clothing ads on mobile phones grew by 57.2%.
This same report in eMarketer reports that the restaurant ads sent to mobile phones reported a 15.5% response rate. These ads utilized SMS messaging technology, rather than web browsing.
Hopefully, the statistics above have convinced you that advertising via cell phones is the wave of the future. It’s doubtful that you can boast a 15% response rate to any ad you’ve placed in the yellow pages, on a billboard or via direct mail. But, you may not yet understand how to take on this advertising venue, or what methods and resources are actually out there.
Today we will provide basic information about marketing to the cell phone user, taking advantage of the new features and functions of 4G technology. Hopefully, we’re going to help you get creative about marketing your business to technologically savvy users.
In the pages ahead, we’ll take a look at 4G itself, including what features 4G offers wireless users. We’ll also look at how business users today are taking advantage of these features that 4G offers to make them more productive at work and at home.
You’ll probably be surprised at how many companies are already catering to the wireless user, offering ads on frequently visited websites and sending coupons via text messaging. There’s a lot of food for thought in this article. It is our hope that these ideas and suggestions make your business successful and prepare it for the future of advertising in wireless technology.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Brave Mum Dresses As Wonder Woman For Last Day Of Chemo
- These Granny Panties Will Revolutionize Your Sex Life
- Couple’s Dog Is the Cameraman On Their Enchanting Wedding Day
- Stunning Photos of ‘Star Wars’ Scenes Created with Lego
- Children With Down Syndrome Recreate Famous Paintings To Prove That Everyone Is A Work Of Art
- This Dutch Museum is Covered in Grass and Has a Rooftop Walkway
- Goat Put In Tiger Enclosure As Lunch, Steals Tiger’s Bed And Becomes Boss
- What If Doctors Doodle Brand Logos?
- British & American English: Differences
- Real Life Teddy Bear’s Picnic: Model and Her Daughter Pose in Cute Snaps with Huge Brown Bear
- McDonald’s Offering Massive 48-McNuggets Bucket in Japan, But True Idol Fans Need to Eat 1,200
- 3D-Printed Paintings Let The Blind “See” Famous Art For The First Time
- Dad Re-Draws His Daughter’s Pencil Sketches
- Brilliant, Energetic and Skillfully Shot Images of Headbangers Mid-Bang
- Percko: The Perfect Posture Shirt