Most Impressive Mosaics in The World
This short, but highly interesting article will guide you through some of the most impressive mosaics in the world, chosen by none other than – me! So, be advised, this is my personal view of the issue at hand. While these all may be different to one another by style, or material used, or even just the year they were made in, (yeah, some of them are quite old), there is certainly a connecting point for all of them, they all have an impressive fact attached to them, if not only visually interesting. Here is a list of some of them I chose to present to you, mosaic enthusiasts.
Mediana was a rather small ancient Roman settlement near modern-day city of Nish, Serbia, but is known for the fact that emperor Constantine the Great was born and lived there. Yep, that is the guy who made Christianity the mainstream religion in the Roman Empire. The whole place is littered with breathtaking mosaics, most of which, sadly, are all worn out with no or little funds to restore them, or put them out to the public at large. For now, only a few of them are put on display, but the restoring process is, as they say, largely underway.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- All Little Things – Happy Moments Every Couple Should Share
- Meet Escape Traveler – A Tiny Cabin On Wheels That Can Be Moved Anywhere
- “Ballads Of Shanghai”: Changing Face Of Urban China
- Artists Recreate Van Gogh’s Iconic Bedroom And Put It For Rent On Airbnb
- Ethereal Floral Tattoos Mimic Delicate Watercolor Paintings On Skin
- Look, These Landscapes Are Out Of This World!
- The Russians Make The Best Truck In The Universe For $50K
- Mini Glacier Candles Remind You Of Global Warming As They Melt
- Fashion Photographer Imagines Cars As Supermodels
- Illustrator Perfectly Captures The Beauty Of Single Life
- This Old Man Spent 13 Years Growing A Giant Dragon In His Yard
- This Artist Channels His Love Of Comics Into The Most Beautiful Illustrations For Dark
- This Collection Of Web Comics Really Explains What Its Like To Be A Gamer
- 26 Proofs That Love Is In The Little Things
- 100-Year-Old Hand-Colored Postcards Offer A Fascinating Glimpse Of Pre-War Japan