Most Impressive Mosaics in The World
This short, but highly interesting article will guide you through some of the most impressive mosaics in the world, chosen by none other than – me! So, be advised, this is my personal view of the issue at hand. While these all may be different to one another by style, or material used, or even just the year they were made in, (yeah, some of them are quite old), there is certainly a connecting point for all of them, they all have an impressive fact attached to them, if not only visually interesting. Here is a list of some of them I chose to present to you, mosaic enthusiasts.
Mediana was a rather small ancient Roman settlement near modern-day city of Nish, Serbia, but is known for the fact that emperor Constantine the Great was born and lived there. Yep, that is the guy who made Christianity the mainstream religion in the Roman Empire. The whole place is littered with breathtaking mosaics, most of which, sadly, are all worn out with no or little funds to restore them, or put them out to the public at large. For now, only a few of them are put on display, but the restoring process is, as they say, largely underway.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Why Is This Little House In The Middle Of The Street In New York?
- Meet Smoothie, The World’s Most Photogenic Cat
- Venezuelan Crisis Leaves Families With Empty Fridges
- Explorer Matthias Haker Discovers Crumbling Churches, Overgrown Synagogues and Golden Chapels
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- World War II Paintings From The Soviet Union
- Sense Of Water: The First And Highly Anticipated Photo Book By Finnish Photographer Susanna Majuri
- Man Dresses Up Every Sunday To Take His Grandmother To Church
- India To Use 3D Paintings As Speed Breakers To Slow Down Dangerous Drivers
- After The Apocalypse: Emotionally Impacting Illustrations By Jonas De Ro
- Glamorous NSFW Paintings By Konstantin Razumov
- Get Lost In The Majesty Of These Incredible Photos From Australia
- Internet In Real Life: This Small Italian Village Became A Web 2.0 Intervention Project
- This Woman Captures Charming Photos Of Her Lovely Giant Teddy Bear
- Edouard Martinet’s Masterfully Sculpted Animals And Insects Made From Bicycle, Car And Motorcycle Parts