The Polyomino Game Collection By Lisa Shahno And Aroha Silhouettes
The Polyomino Game is a collaboration between Russia-based fashion designer Lisa Shahno and jewellery designer Tania Hennessy of Aroha Silhouettes in Canada. Over a span of six months each designer created seven unique pieces following a set of specific rules. In November the Polyomino Game came to an end with a photoshoot in Moscow, Russia.
The rules of the game were precise and simple; each designer was to create seven unique pieces exclusively using combinations of squares. To add an element of difficulty Shahno’s clothing designs were restricted to only using squares 30 x 30 cm and Hennessy’s jewellery and accessory designs 1 x 1 cm squares. The colour palette was also restricted to black, white, grey and violet.
Jewellery and Accessory Designs: Aroha Silhouettes
Clothing Designs: Lisa Shahno
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Surreal Photo Manipulations By Laurent Rosset Turn Landscapes Into Giant Waves
- Military Dads Have Tea With Their Daughters In Touching Photo Series
- A Restaurant Perched Atop A Mountain Peak
- Symbiosis Of Retro And Modernity: Russian Car By Bilenkin Vintage
- World’s Longest Tunnel Slide To Open In London This Summer
- Beautiful Women Portraits By Marta Bevacqua
- New Entries For The 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Why Is This Little House In The Middle Of The Street In New York?
- Meet Smoothie, The World’s Most Photogenic Cat
- Venezuelan Crisis Leaves Families With Empty Fridges
- Explorer Matthias Haker Discovers Crumbling Churches, Overgrown Synagogues and Golden Chapels
- Absolutey Stunning Artworks And Funny Soviet Posters In The Pin-Up Style By Valery Barykin
- World War II Paintings From The Soviet Union
- Sense Of Water: The First And Highly Anticipated Photo Book By Finnish Photographer Susanna Majuri
- Man Dresses Up Every Sunday To Take His Grandmother To Church