COLONNE PORTANTI: INTERVIEW WITH ARCHITECT AND DESIGNER MICHELE DE LUCCHI
In Rome there’s an unconventional exposition space. It’s called Fondazione VOLUME! and is presided over by neurosurgeon and art collector Francesco Nucci. Here you won’t find artists simply displaying their work but rather surgically operating on the architectural body of the space to the point of transforming it case by case into a different thing altogether. Until February 15th 2013, Fondazione VOLUME! will receive a hands-on treatment from architect and designer Michele De Lucchi with exhibition “Colonne Portanti”, curated by Emilia Giorgi. At the opening the designer talked to us about the meaning of his latest work and the niches he dug out in the walls, in which 13 handcrafted columns have been fit.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- An Artist Has Made This Badass Raven Costume Entirely By Hand
- Rio Olympics 2016 Team GB Athletes Strip Off For Campaign To Encourage Schoolgirls To Take Up Exercise
- Atkins Ciwem Environmental Photographer Of The Year 2016 Winners
- This Photographer Has Captured Stunning Images Of America’s Most Intense Storms From An Extraordinarily Close Perspective
- Mermaid Tights That Make It Look Like You’re Developing A Tail