Creative Ambient Ads
As opposed to the ads we’re fed with on TV or other traditional venues, ambient ads (see here and here) jump into our lives in way more unexpected places, and it’s usually this element of surprise that makes us stop and look again. Usually well thought-through and witty, ambient ads incorporate the product into our every-day places and ordinary objects, making it feel a lot closer to us than traditional ads.
It all began when the power of traditional media started declining, giving the way for the innovative off-the-shelf advertising ideas. Ambient ads started appearing in the British media jargon around 1999 and have been actively evolving ever since.
Some of the ambient ads out there may shock you, entertain you or even make you laugh – so what would be your reaction to these?
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Designer Problems Turned Into Funny Comics
- Heart-Warming Illustrations of True Love in All Its Beauty and Joy
- This Adorable Series Documents A Toddler And Her Pup Growing Up
- Fascinating Images from the Past You Won’t Find in Any History Textbook
- This Inspirational Girl Saved a Homeless Dog in the Most Ingenious Way
- Ten Awe-Inspiring Routes You Need to Travel Along at Least Once in Your Life
- Cats and Girls by Sean Marc Lee
- Numbers on Stairs Help Kids Learn to Count
- Brave Mum Dresses As Wonder Woman For Last Day Of Chemo
- These Granny Panties Will Revolutionize Your Sex Life
- Couple’s Dog Is the Cameraman On Their Enchanting Wedding Day
- Stunning Photos of ‘Star Wars’ Scenes Created with Lego
- Children With Down Syndrome Recreate Famous Paintings To Prove That Everyone Is A Work Of Art
- This Dutch Museum is Covered in Grass and Has a Rooftop Walkway
- Goat Put In Tiger Enclosure As Lunch, Steals Tiger’s Bed And Becomes Boss