Creative Ambient Ads
As opposed to the ads we’re fed with on TV or other traditional venues, ambient ads (see here and here) jump into our lives in way more unexpected places, and it’s usually this element of surprise that makes us stop and look again. Usually well thought-through and witty, ambient ads incorporate the product into our every-day places and ordinary objects, making it feel a lot closer to us than traditional ads.
It all began when the power of traditional media started declining, giving the way for the innovative off-the-shelf advertising ideas. Ambient ads started appearing in the British media jargon around 1999 and have been actively evolving ever since.
Some of the ambient ads out there may shock you, entertain you or even make you laugh – so what would be your reaction to these?
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Street Art Puts Leonardo DiCaprio And Hillary Clinton In Money-Laundering Machine
- Skull Walker: A Creepy Scuttling Skull-Creature
- Meet The Father Who Makes Amazing Sculptures Out Of Toast For Daughter Who Has Severe Food Allergies
- This Guy Makes A DIY Axe Handle Out Of Gummy Bears
- Arctic Expedition Discover Mysterious Hole Cut Into The Ice
- Bizarre Apex Predator Shoes Get A Full Tooth Implant For Soles
- Probably, This Is The World’s Most Peaceful Toilet
- Autumn Forest Is Prettiest In Czechia Thanks To Photographer Janek Sedlář
- Bioluminescent Sea Fireflies Glittering Like Diamonds On The Rocks And Sand
- Fine Art Turned Into Clothes Lets You Wear Your Favorite Paintings
- Rio Olympics Closing Ceremony Ends With Tokyo Prime Minister Dressed As Super Mario
- Artist Creates Exploding Trash Sculptures To Remind Us How Much Stuff We Own
- Amazing Cakes That Look Exactly Like Soft Drink Bottles
- A Flying Aquarium With A 90ft Whale… This Is Actual Size!
- Instead Of Selfies, A Couple Draws Doodles To Document Their Journey