Time Management Ideas and Tools
Recently the phrase ‘time management’ has been widely used and discussed. A lot of articles and books have been written on the topic of effective time management. But what is time management? As I see it, time management is effective usage of one’s time – task planning, arranging, prioritizing and executing with maximum efficiency. In our modern world where time is money, it is extremely essential for competing with others.
Having analyzed the tips given at various seminars and books, the most important element of time management is planning. No planning, no management. The better planning is, the better and more productive your time management is. Plan your actions in advance and carefully.
You can start with creating lists of tasks and arranging your daily or weekly tasks yourself. The main disadvantage of such lists is that you have to do everything manually. If you want to automate your tasks, try some time management software solutions, which can easily turn your e-mail letters in tasks with just one click.
No matter which to-do list you use, I have some general tips for effective time management.
Get an answering machine or a personal assistant.
Purchasing an answer phone can significantly save your time. You won’t have to deal with all calls – after screening you can select the most important and urgent ones. A secretary can be another alternative, although much more expensive one, I guess.
Dedicate some certain time for looking through emails.
Nowadays most communication is carried out via e-mails. Thus, you have to assign some time a day for reading and responding to your e-mails. Don’t check your e-mails every spare minute or every hour.
Regular to-do lists.
Learn to create task lists every evening and every Friday (or Sunday) in order to know exactly what you have to complete by the end of the next day (or week). If necessary, change places of some tasks, prioritize them and set deadlines.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Ombre Tights Hand-Dyed By Tiffany Ju
- Maid-Themed Cafe In Chinese City Of Hangzhou
- Eerie Photographs Captured By An Urban Explorer Show An Abandoned Mental Asylum Crumbling Into Disrepair
- UK Royal Society Of Biology’s Photographer Of The Year Shortlist
- This Guy Took Apart A Drum Set And Turned It Into Something Awesome
- Rural Daily Life In A Small Tuscany Village Beautifully Photographed By Marco Sgarbi
- Badass Steampunk Skull Rocker Leather Waist And Holster Bag
- Breathtaking Photos Of London From Above
- Amazing Hand Painting Illusions By Ray Massey And Annie Ralli
- Elderly Animals By Isa Leshko
- Japanese Artist Makes Models Burst At The Seams With Creepy Zips, Buttons And Power Plugs Painted On Their Skin
- Fantasy Animals By Lee Cross
- This Artist Duo Uses Face As A Canvas To Recreate Famous Classic Paintings
- Art Of The Deep Space
- Vintage Pie Ads