Time Management Ideas and Tools
Recently the phrase ‘time management’ has been widely used and discussed. A lot of articles and books have been written on the topic of effective time management. But what is time management? As I see it, time management is effective usage of one’s time – task planning, arranging, prioritizing and executing with maximum efficiency. In our modern world where time is money, it is extremely essential for competing with others.
Having analyzed the tips given at various seminars and books, the most important element of time management is planning. No planning, no management. The better planning is, the better and more productive your time management is. Plan your actions in advance and carefully.
You can start with creating lists of tasks and arranging your daily or weekly tasks yourself. The main disadvantage of such lists is that you have to do everything manually. If you want to automate your tasks, try some time management software solutions, which can easily turn your e-mail letters in tasks with just one click.
No matter which to-do list you use, I have some general tips for effective time management.
Get an answering machine or a personal assistant.
Purchasing an answer phone can significantly save your time. You won’t have to deal with all calls – after screening you can select the most important and urgent ones. A secretary can be another alternative, although much more expensive one, I guess.
Dedicate some certain time for looking through emails.
Nowadays most communication is carried out via e-mails. Thus, you have to assign some time a day for reading and responding to your e-mails. Don’t check your e-mails every spare minute or every hour.
Regular to-do lists.
Learn to create task lists every evening and every Friday (or Sunday) in order to know exactly what you have to complete by the end of the next day (or week). If necessary, change places of some tasks, prioritize them and set deadlines.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Dog Loves to Play Dress Up With Cardboard Cutouts
- You Need A Mermaid Blanket In Your Life
- Anonymous Vigilante Is Fighting Asshole Drivers With This Parking Note
- Artist Covered The Poland National Gallery’s Staircase In Colorful Paint
- Slope Point Trees: Beauty Created By Force Of Nature
- Brazilian Families Pose With Children Affected By Zika Virus
- Check Out The Yorkshire Terrier That Will Give You Dream Hairstyle Goals
- Life-Size 1964 Ford Mustang Recreated In Lego
- Apple To Create New UK Headquarters At London’s Battersea Power Station
- This Mind-Blowing Audi Truck Could Be The Future Of Big Rigs
- A Look Inside The Luxurious Boeing 747-8 VIP
- How The Pros Film Crocodiles Up Close
- Sharon Stone And Anton Rivas In “Dog Day Afternoon” Photoshoot (2012)
- French Florist Spends 15 Years Decorating His Shop With 800 Water Cans
- This Humble Little House Was Designed For A Chef To Live On The Coast Of Norway