20+ Aesthetic Chess Set Designs
Chess is a two-player strategy board game played on a chessboard. It is one of the world’s most popular games, played by millions of people worldwide at home, in clubs, online, by correspondence, and in tournaments. Chess is believed to have originated in northwest India during the Gupta empire, where its early form in the 6th century was known as chaturanga. The historical 1500+ year old game is respectfully known for psychology, mathematics, composition, and strategy.
Today modern art gives much freedom to the artist behind it. Having more leeway of design elements allows you to execute a concept with much expression. The following is a collection of fancy and stylish chess sets. The designers behind them practiced their creativity with compassion for the skillful game.
Typographic Chess Set
Frank Gehry’s Chess x Tiffany and Co.
Wobble Chess Set
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Paolo Pettigiani Sees New York City’s Central Park In Pink And Blue
- Creepstastic Body Paintings From A 16-Year-Old Artist
- “Fantplastique” By Ausra Osipaviciute
- Once Upon A Canvas: Exploring Fairy Tale Masterpieces By Ivan Bilibin
- In 1914, Baby Animal Photography Made For Exhausting Work
- Plastic Trash Gets New Life As Art
- Vivid Sydney: Festival Of Lights In the Heart Of Australia
- Venice Beach Roller Skaters: Cruising The Promenade Of LA’s Chillest Neighborhood
- Classical Portraiture Meets Modern Architecture In These Digital Collage Mash-Ups
- This Unique New Bookstore In China Is Filled With Optical Illusions
- Some Entries For 2016 National Geographic Travel Photographer Of The Year Contest
- Isosceles: Unique Female Lingerie Inspired By Geometry And Architecture
- 23 Striking And Surreptitious Photos Capture Street Scenes Of Pennsylvania In The 1970s
- Dance Moves Turned Into Charcoal Drawings By Heather Hansen
- Glow Worms Turn This New Zealand Cave Into Starry Night