Michael Jantzen’s Body Reconstructions
Michael Jantzen’s new artwork is called, Body Reconstructions. He creates images by images of different parts of his own body as the kit of parts.
Much of my work as an experimental artist and designer has explored ways in which the built environment could be reinvented in new and exciting ways. Some of that work has researched the general idea of reconstructing the physical built environment with a kit of parts. This approach is very interested to me because a relatively few number of parts (if well designed) can be combined and recombined over and over again in many different ways, in order to create many different kinds of environments.
In my new series of photo art collages, I have taken a similar design approach, but in this case I have used images of different parts of my own body as the kit of parts. My photo art collage kit of parts included images of my hands, feet, legs, chest, back, and head. Each of these body parts have been assembled together in different ways in different collages, in an attempt to form unique structures.
In some cases, the final image can be thought of as a two-dimensional blueprint for an actual three-dimensional space.
Photo Art Collages – Body Reconstructions
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Inside The Oreo Wonder Vault That Popped Up In NYC
- Curated Images And Textures From Google Maps
- This Is A Carpet Made Of Vintage Jeans Labels
- Tiny Swiss Cottage Built From Remnants Of An Alpine Log Cabin
- This Artist Creates A Ceramics Imprinted With Patterns Of Vintage Typewriter Letters
- An Abstracted Lamborghini Is The Basis For The Bizarre-Looking Lo Res Car From United Nude
- Changing Cities: The Overlapping Of Past And Present
- The Adorable Photo Series Shows Curvy Canines And Flexible Felines Participating In A Spot Of Yoga
- Car Repair Service In Ivory Coast
- Photographer Captures An Empty New York City During The Snowpocalypse
- Before Photoshop – 14 Historic Photos That Have Been Manipulated
- Adorable 1970s Valentine’s Day Cards Featuring The McDonaldland Characters
- What Art History Would Look Like If Men And Women Had More Tattoos
- 12 Charts That Perfectly Sum Up Being In A Long Distance Relationship
- Death Anxiety Comics Inspired By Our Fears