Michael Jantzen’s Body Reconstructions
Michael Jantzen’s new artwork is called, Body Reconstructions. He creates images by images of different parts of his own body as the kit of parts.
Much of my work as an experimental artist and designer has explored ways in which the built environment could be reinvented in new and exciting ways. Some of that work has researched the general idea of reconstructing the physical built environment with a kit of parts. This approach is very interested to me because a relatively few number of parts (if well designed) can be combined and recombined over and over again in many different ways, in order to create many different kinds of environments.
In my new series of photo art collages, I have taken a similar design approach, but in this case I have used images of different parts of my own body as the kit of parts. My photo art collage kit of parts included images of my hands, feet, legs, chest, back, and head. Each of these body parts have been assembled together in different ways in different collages, in an attempt to form unique structures.
In some cases, the final image can be thought of as a two-dimensional blueprint for an actual three-dimensional space.
Photo Art Collages – Body Reconstructions
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Ombre Tights Hand-Dyed By Tiffany Ju
- Maid-Themed Cafe In Chinese City Of Hangzhou
- Eerie Photographs Captured By An Urban Explorer Show An Abandoned Mental Asylum Crumbling Into Disrepair
- UK Royal Society Of Biology’s Photographer Of The Year Shortlist
- This Guy Took Apart A Drum Set And Turned It Into Something Awesome
- Rural Daily Life In A Small Tuscany Village Beautifully Photographed By Marco Sgarbi
- Badass Steampunk Skull Rocker Leather Waist And Holster Bag
- Breathtaking Photos Of London From Above
- Amazing Hand Painting Illusions By Ray Massey And Annie Ralli
- Elderly Animals By Isa Leshko
- Japanese Artist Makes Models Burst At The Seams With Creepy Zips, Buttons And Power Plugs Painted On Their Skin
- Fantasy Animals By Lee Cross
- This Artist Duo Uses Face As A Canvas To Recreate Famous Classic Paintings
- Art Of The Deep Space
- Vintage Pie Ads