Michael Jantzen’s Body Reconstructions
Michael Jantzen’s new artwork is called, Body Reconstructions. He creates images by images of different parts of his own body as the kit of parts.
Much of my work as an experimental artist and designer has explored ways in which the built environment could be reinvented in new and exciting ways. Some of that work has researched the general idea of reconstructing the physical built environment with a kit of parts. This approach is very interested to me because a relatively few number of parts (if well designed) can be combined and recombined over and over again in many different ways, in order to create many different kinds of environments.
In my new series of photo art collages, I have taken a similar design approach, but in this case I have used images of different parts of my own body as the kit of parts. My photo art collage kit of parts included images of my hands, feet, legs, chest, back, and head. Each of these body parts have been assembled together in different ways in different collages, in an attempt to form unique structures.
In some cases, the final image can be thought of as a two-dimensional blueprint for an actual three-dimensional space.
Photo Art Collages – Body Reconstructions
We’d love to hear your views on this:
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 41,181 - Photography
- Truthful Images That Show Why Holocaust Memorial Selfies Are So Disrespectful Views today: 5,922 - Photography
- Watch Inside Obama’s New Home Views today: 1,849 - Architecture
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 1,704 - Inspirations
- Magical Drawings Put Women In Conversation With Their Inner Demons Views today: 1,046 - Inspirations
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 700 - Travel
- Artist Shepard Fairey Adapts Obama’s Hope Poster For Trump Inauguration Views today: 632 - Inspirations
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 591 - Inspirations
- Can Photographs Change The World? Somalia Tragedy Through The Lens Of Jean-Claude Coutausse Views today: 551 - Photography
- Moscow vs New York: Visual Comparison Of Two Big Cities 45 Years Ago Views today: 521 - Travel
- These Stunning Images Got Such A Great Reception They Have Been Unveiled As The Best Wedding Photos Of 2016 Views today: 514 - Photography
- Powerful Portraits Show The Faces Behind The Women’s March On Washington Views today: 510 - Photography
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 479 - Photography
- Architects Adds Treetop Cabin With Stargazing Net To Sweden’s Treehotel Views today: 470 - Architecture
- Photographer Weronika Gęsicka Takes Corny American Photography And Manipulates It Into Something Surreal And Uncomfortable Views today: 466 - Inspirations