Old Wedding Photos of Princess (now Queen) Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1947
Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip were married at 11:30 GMT on 20 November 1947 at Westminster Abbey. On the morning of her wedding, as Princess Elizabeth was getting dressed at Buckingham Palace before leaving for Westminster Abbey, her tiara snapped. Luckily the court jeweller was standing by in case of emergency. The jeweller was rushed to his work room by a police escort. Queen Elizabeth reassured her daughter that it would be fixed in time, and it was. For her wedding dress she still required ration coupons to buy the material for her gown, designed by Norman Hartnell.
Here are some interesting old wedding photos of Princess (now Queen) Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1947.
- The royal newly-weds, Princess Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh, acknowledge the cheers of the crowd as they drove from Buckingham Palace to Waterloo Station in London on Nov. 20, 1947. Later they left by special Royal Train from platform 11 bound for Winchester. Their honeymoon is being spent at Broadlands, Romsey, Hampshire, at Earl Mountbatten’s home. (AP Photo)
See the rest on vintag.es
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Welded And Painted Black Steel Ravens By Ludvig Ödman
- Retro Photoshop Tool Bar Enamel Pin: 3″ Of Throwback Fun By Maxistentialism
- Historical Photos Of The World’s Most Iconic Landmarks Before They Were Finished
- You Can Sit And Hide Inside This HUSH Pod By Freyja Sewell
- Amazing Glass House In The Middle Of Nowhere