Old Wedding Photos of Princess (now Queen) Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1947
Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip were married at 11:30 GMT on 20 November 1947 at Westminster Abbey. On the morning of her wedding, as Princess Elizabeth was getting dressed at Buckingham Palace before leaving for Westminster Abbey, her tiara snapped. Luckily the court jeweller was standing by in case of emergency. The jeweller was rushed to his work room by a police escort. Queen Elizabeth reassured her daughter that it would be fixed in time, and it was. For her wedding dress she still required ration coupons to buy the material for her gown, designed by Norman Hartnell.
Here are some interesting old wedding photos of Princess (now Queen) Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1947.
- The royal newly-weds, Princess Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh, acknowledge the cheers of the crowd as they drove from Buckingham Palace to Waterloo Station in London on Nov. 20, 1947. Later they left by special Royal Train from platform 11 bound for Winchester. Their honeymoon is being spent at Broadlands, Romsey, Hampshire, at Earl Mountbatten’s home. (AP Photo)
See the rest on vintag.es
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Artists Combine Theatricality And Organic Food To Compose The Photographs
- Eco Street Murals By NEVERCREW Duo
- Society Of The Dead: Satirical Illustrations By Pawel Kuczynski
- These Ridiculous Propaganda Postcards Warn Men About The Dangers Of Women’s Rights From The Early 20th Century
- Where Dreams Begin: Fascinating Artworks By Molly Stanard