What Makes a Good Magazine Layout? The Bottom Line.
Straight off the bat, I have lied to you. I don’t have the definitive answer to the question ‘What makes a good magazine layout?’, as the answer quite simply does not exist. Its similar to asking ‘what is good design?’ or ‘how to design?’ both of which are searched for on Google ‘shed loads’ and both of which, as you may have guessed, have no answer. But all of the above do feature similar characteristics and processes that could possibly lead you to some kind of solution, but the solution you allude to might not be the solution that would help Jeff, Say hi to Jeff, You keeping up? Im sure you are. Lets begin.
Setting the Foundations
Planning is key, and when it comes to designing a magazine the planning usually involves some kind of grid work. ‘Grids’ being the wireframe of your layout, these help the consistency of your design and general aesthetic. Without getting too complicated, as there is really no need to, below is a basic wireframe that I whipped together as an example.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- This Wall Clock Changes Shape When You Walk Around It
- Artist Turns Lovable Cartoon Characters Into Terrifying Monsters
- Minimalist Tattoos By Irina Irchey And Eugenia Vorobej Beautifully Blends Geometry With Nature
- US Soldiers Used Special Boots During The Vietnam War
- These Photos From An Abandoned Doll Factory Will Fuel All Of Your Nightmares
- This German Artist Creates Cartoons And Comic Series About Travel Adventures And Cultural Discoveries
- Human Living Statues Contest In Buenos Aires
- Artist Covers Walls With Cross-Stitch Floral Patterns In Street Installations
- Polish Fashion Artists Creates Beautiful Felted Animal Scarves
- Dragon Scale Crochet Gloves For When The Winter Comes
- Designer Paints Alternative Posters Of Popular Movies Based On Mood In The Films
- New Stunning Entries Of The 2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year Contest
- An Eccentric Artist Has Collected Fifty Vintage Cars And Left Them To Rot In A Forest – And Now They’re Worth Over $1 Million
- Fantastic Minimalist Japanese Cruiser 1989 Nissan Neo-X Concept That Was Ahead Of Its Time
- Amazing Vintage Photographs That Show The Dangers Of Constructing The Empire State Building