What Makes a Good Magazine Layout? The Bottom Line.
Straight off the bat, I have lied to you. I don’t have the definitive answer to the question ‘What makes a good magazine layout?’, as the answer quite simply does not exist. Its similar to asking ‘what is good design?’ or ‘how to design?’ both of which are searched for on Google ‘shed loads’ and both of which, as you may have guessed, have no answer. But all of the above do feature similar characteristics and processes that could possibly lead you to some kind of solution, but the solution you allude to might not be the solution that would help Jeff, Say hi to Jeff, You keeping up? Im sure you are. Lets begin.
Setting the Foundations
Planning is key, and when it comes to designing a magazine the planning usually involves some kind of grid work. ‘Grids’ being the wireframe of your layout, these help the consistency of your design and general aesthetic. Without getting too complicated, as there is really no need to, below is a basic wireframe that I whipped together as an example.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Artist’s Gorgeous Watercolor Paintings Align Perfectly With Surroundings
- Titian Fur Kitten: The Almost Perfect Professional Cat Model
- Ivorian Photographer Joana Choumali Shows Modern African Women Dressed In The Traditional Clothes Of Their Ancestors
- Beautiful Colorized Photos Of Immigrants in Their Traditional Dresses At The Ellis Island Immigration Station In The Early 20th Century
- Photographer Elaine Li Captures Beautiful Pictures Of Urban Landscapes In Unusual Ways
- Glowing Dress Turns Claire Danes Into Cinderella At The Met Gala
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan
- Meet Snoped, The Sleek Snowmobile
- Mugshots Of Female Nazi Concentration Camp Guards While Awaiting Trial In 1945
- “For The Love Of Peanut Butter”: Humorous Photo Series Of Dogs Eating Peanut Butter