What Makes a Good Magazine Layout? The Bottom Line.
Straight off the bat, I have lied to you. I don’t have the definitive answer to the question ‘What makes a good magazine layout?’, as the answer quite simply does not exist. Its similar to asking ‘what is good design?’ or ‘how to design?’ both of which are searched for on Google ‘shed loads’ and both of which, as you may have guessed, have no answer. But all of the above do feature similar characteristics and processes that could possibly lead you to some kind of solution, but the solution you allude to might not be the solution that would help Jeff, Say hi to Jeff, You keeping up? Im sure you are. Lets begin.
Setting the Foundations
Planning is key, and when it comes to designing a magazine the planning usually involves some kind of grid work. ‘Grids’ being the wireframe of your layout, these help the consistency of your design and general aesthetic. Without getting too complicated, as there is really no need to, below is a basic wireframe that I whipped together as an example.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Portuguese Street Artist Wrapped Up A Giant Squirrel On The Streets Of Tallinn In Estonia
- Gorgeous Recipes Show Avocado Slices Arranged In Swirls, Shaped Into Roses
- Funny And Creative Illustrations Of Visual Puns That Will Make You Laugh
- An Artist Combines Famous Brands Logotypes With Classical Painting
- The Elephant That Was Injured By A Landmine Gets Her New Artificial Leg
- Street Art Puts Leonardo DiCaprio And Hillary Clinton In Money-Laundering Machine
- Skull Walker: A Creepy Scuttling Skull-Creature
- Meet The Father Who Makes Amazing Sculptures Out Of Toast For Daughter Who Has Severe Food Allergies
- This Guy Makes A DIY Axe Handle Out Of Gummy Bears
- Arctic Expedition Discover Mysterious Hole Cut Into The Ice
- Bizarre Apex Predator Shoes Get A Full Tooth Implant For Soles
- Probably, This Is The World’s Most Peaceful Toilet
- Autumn Forest Is Prettiest In Czechia Thanks To Photographer Janek Sedlář
- Bioluminescent Sea Fireflies Glittering Like Diamonds On The Rocks And Sand
- Fine Art Turned Into Clothes Lets You Wear Your Favorite Paintings