Why Instagram is Terrible for Photographers, and Why You Should Use It @medianovak
Instagram, the brainchild of software engineers Kevin Systrom and Michel Krieger, was launched in October 2010 to almost little notice. At the time, the iPhone app was competing against Hipstamatic, which enjoyed particular popularity even in the photojournalism community. In its first two months of existence, Instagram still managed to attract one million users. Fast-forward to February 2013, and Instagram now boasts more than 85 million users who have shared four billion images.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- An Artist Has Made This Badass Raven Costume Entirely By Hand
- Rio Olympics 2016 Team GB Athletes Strip Off For Campaign To Encourage Schoolgirls To Take Up Exercise
- Atkins Ciwem Environmental Photographer Of The Year 2016 Winners
- This Photographer Has Captured Stunning Images Of America’s Most Intense Storms From An Extraordinarily Close Perspective
- Mermaid Tights That Make It Look Like You’re Developing A Tail