Björk, Aosta, Italy
Björk is a new brasserie in Aosta, Italy, noted for blending food with design. Situated in the Hotel Village, the French-style restaurant opened on 14 September 2012, with Giuliana Rosset, founder of the Napapjiri fashion label, at the creative helm.
The location of the brasserie is deep inside a steep mountainous terrain in Northern Italy, providing a small but contemporary atmosphere to all the fine dining. German, Austrian and Swiss influences are the only kind found in this region, so the brasserie does something different by offering authentic Scandinavian food.
Swedish chef Mattia Sjoblom serves up culinary delights like imported herrings with Schnapps, a Scandinavian open sandwich of smørrebrød in seven different flavours, beef carpaccio, beef tartare with dill and kötbullar (Swedish meatballs of beef and pork).
The kitchen, supported by many recent graduates of Sweden’s Grythyttan Cooking Academy, claims to be the first in Italy to plate up an authentic Swedish cuisine. The food is served on Ittala ceramic and there is a quite strong selection of wine at the restaurant as well.
The interior of the brasserie is primarily inspired by Nordic tradition but important pieces of design of Scandinavian origin from the last century have been incorporated too.
|If you like this post,|
support us on Facebook:
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Amazing Pictures Taken at Exactly the Right Moment
- Hungary Fashion Photographer Under Fire Over ‘Migrant Chic’ Shoot
- Meet Helen Stifler, The Queen of Cosplay
- Duu Motorcycle
- The Floyd Utility Set
- Another Escape Magazine
- You Can Rent Out this Eerie, Abandoned Wizard of Oz Theme Park
- Amazing Images Reveal How the Exclusion Zone Around Fukushima Has Been Abandoned to Become an Overgrown Wilderness
- Artist Duo STALLMAN Create ‘Canvas On Edge’ Collection
- Luxurious Eco-Friendly Mansion Exists Entirely Below Ground
- Helix: The Folding Bicycle
- Hang Sitt: The Dual-Purpose Chair
- Building Websites Just Got so Much Better with the New Divi Builder Plugin
- Sibui Nazarenko by Michael Sanders
- Alphabeta Lamp
- Aigai Spa – Urban Oasis in São Paulo
- Cookie Cutter and Stampers
- You’re Guaranteed To Find That Special Gift For Each And Everyone In The Family Here
- Products of The Day #446
- FLYBi Drone with VR Goggles is Insanely Awesome