Björk, Aosta, Italy
Björk is a new brasserie in Aosta, Italy, noted for blending food with design. Situated in the Hotel Village, the French-style restaurant opened on 14 September 2012, with Giuliana Rosset, founder of the Napapjiri fashion label, at the creative helm.
The location of the brasserie is deep inside a steep mountainous terrain in Northern Italy, providing a small but contemporary atmosphere to all the fine dining. German, Austrian and Swiss influences are the only kind found in this region, so the brasserie does something different by offering authentic Scandinavian food.
Swedish chef Mattia Sjoblom serves up culinary delights like imported herrings with Schnapps, a Scandinavian open sandwich of smørrebrød in seven different flavours, beef carpaccio, beef tartare with dill and kötbullar (Swedish meatballs of beef and pork).
The kitchen, supported by many recent graduates of Sweden’s Grythyttan Cooking Academy, claims to be the first in Italy to plate up an authentic Swedish cuisine. The food is served on Ittala ceramic and there is a quite strong selection of wine at the restaurant as well.
The interior of the brasserie is primarily inspired by Nordic tradition but important pieces of design of Scandinavian origin from the last century have been incorporated too.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- This Old Man Spent 13 Years Growing A Giant Dragon In His Yard
- This Artist Channels His Love Of Comics Into The Most Beautiful Illustrations For Dark
- This Collection Of Web Comics Really Explains What Its Like To Be A Gamer
- 26 Proofs That Love Is In The Little Things
- 100-Year-Old Hand-Colored Postcards Offer A Fascinating Glimpse Of Pre-War Japan
- Classic Literary Scarves Allow You To Literally Wrap Yourself Up In A Good Book
- Japan’s Terrifying Road Is Enough To Give The Most Confident Driver Nightmares
- Bring The Argentinian Grasslands Indoors With These Stunning Handmade Rugs
- Shipwrecks And Deep Ocean Scenes Encapsulated Inside Translucent Whale Sculptures
- This Engineer Creates Incredible 3D Calligraphy That Leaps Off The Page
- Chinese Village Builds Giant Golden Statue Of Mao Zedong
- Street Art That Only Appears When It Rains
- Men And Women Before 10 A.M. By Veronique Vial
- Jellyfish Plants Transform Your Room Into A Underwater Wonderland
- Hairstylist Paints Hair Into Classic Paintings