Alice + Olivia Spring Summer 2013
Stacey Bendet’s collection for Alice + Olivia this season was inspired by the American dream that prospered during the 1960s. Fashion trends in the era were quite diverse. Social movements were rife, so what many considered to be the usual conventions in fashion were also left behind.
The American dream embodies freedom, which includes opportunity to prosperity and success, and upward social mobility through one’s own efforts. Mary Quant who became a British fashion icon because of her wondrous invention – the mini skirt, changed fashions of 1960s forever.
A reviving of Edwardian fashion (the Edwardian era was from 1901 – 1910) was also present from 1966 onwards, with double-breasted suits of crushed velvet and striped patterns being popular with men.
There were some nice-mini skirts, my particular favourite being a shimmering golden one, which was paired with a matte-bronze-ish pussy-cat bow blouse, and some nice interpretations of stripes and a variety of textures.
|If you like this post,|
support us on Facebook:
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- PerfectKit : Free Desktop and Mobile UI Kit
- Free Baseball Cap Mockup PSD
- FREE Android Material Design PSD
- Gant : Free Elegant Font
- Removable Handle Cookware
- Vernacular Architecture with Minimal Impact on the Earth: Brillhart House
- Sylvan Retreat: Textured Wood Structure with a Green Roof
- Aigai Spa by Figueroa.arq
- Cubic Cable Holder
- Home Whiskey Still