‘Folded’ by Ariel Zuckerman
Like DYT on FB:
The “folded” series by Israeli designer Ariel Zuckerman deals with the physical tension applied on a two dimensional sheet. Using techniques such as folding, stretching and twisting, borrowed from the discipline of paper, and applying them to wooden sheets, led to a novel three dimensional appearance.
The material used to form the lighting is innovative. Veneer covered in an acrylic layer, resulting in a natural wooden appearance but also incorporating the flexible attributes of plastic. The sheets thinness allows the light to pass through it and accentuate the texture.
The “folded” series includes: table lamp, floor lamp, hanging from the wall and a chandelier. All can be found on the designer Etsy shop.
Ariel Zuckerman is an Israeli product designer with vast experience working with leading lighting stores presenting his work but also serve as an independent designer for “Keter”, one of the world’s leading companies in plastic consumer products.
Photographer: Yoav Gurin
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Impressive Celebrity Portraits By Bettina Rheims
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Humorous Posters Of Graphic Design Puns That Will Make Designers Laugh
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Ukrainian Photographer Creates Powerful Photo To Overcome Anxiety, And Here’s How She Did It
- Japanese T-Shirt Uses Optical Illusion To Give Breasts To Even The Flat-Chested
- Dog Photographer Of The Year 2017 Winners
- Probably, The Best Movie Posters From The Last 10 Years
- Nightmares, Melancholy And Phobias: NSFW Fine Art Photography By Diana Dihaze
- Honest Illustration Of The Contradictory Nature Of People And Society By Sako Asko
- These Amazing Drawings Appear To Jump Out Of The Page
- Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
- Surreal And Dreamy Photo Manipulations By Jackson Hall
- Chinese Student Designs Award-Winning Life Slide
- Boxed In: Life Inside The “Coffin Cubicles” Of Hong Kong
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- 7 Playboy Playmates Re-Enact Their Iconic Covers
- Denmark Will Have This Amazing New Observation Tower Next Year
- A Shoe Polish Brand Won Big At Cannes For One Of The Most Delightful Campaigns
- The Story Of David Glasheen, A Real Life Robinson Crusoe
- Portuguese Street Artist Unveiled A Giant Rabbit Made Of Trash On The Streets Of Vila Nova De Gaia In Portugal
- Russian Craftsman Shapes Wooden Motor Tricycle
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- Extreme X-Rays: Photographer Nick Veasey Takes You Inside The Insects