‘Folded’ by Ariel Zuckerman
The “folded” series by Israeli designer Ariel Zuckerman deals with the physical tension applied on a two dimensional sheet. Using techniques such as folding, stretching and twisting, borrowed from the discipline of paper, and applying them to wooden sheets, led to a novel three dimensional appearance.
The material used to form the lighting is innovative. Veneer covered in an acrylic layer, resulting in a natural wooden appearance but also incorporating the flexible attributes of plastic. The sheets thinness allows the light to pass through it and accentuate the texture.
The “folded” series includes: table lamp, floor lamp, hanging from the wall and a chandelier. All can be found on the designer Etsy shop.
Ariel Zuckerman is an Israeli product designer with vast experience working with leading lighting stores presenting his work but also serve as an independent designer for “Keter”, one of the world’s leading companies in plastic consumer products.
Photographer: Yoav Gurin
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 257,899 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 34,716 - Photography
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 8,354 - Inspirations
- Instagram’s ‘Bros Being Basic’ Shows Men Recreating Clichéd Snaps Of Women Views today: 4,538 - Inspirations
- Finnish Woman Creates Controversial Self Portraits, Calls It Art Views today: 3,935 - Inspirations
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 3,411 - Photography
- Artist Blends Modern Graffiti With Ancient Calligraphy To Create Stunning NSFW Pieces Using Naked Women’s Bodies As A Canvas Views today: 2,836 - Design
- Russian Dental Clinic N2 – Probably The Scariest Dental Clinic In The World Views today: 2,337 - Travel
- “Memoirs Of The Geisha” – A Look Back At The Traditional Japanese Female Entertainers Views today: 2,016 - Photography
- How To Cure ‘Mototoxicosis’ Views today: 1,663 - Photography
- This Guy Photoshops His Dog Into A Giant In All His Pics And It’s Hilarious Views today: 1,645 - Inspirations
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s Views today: 1,526 - Photography
- The Amazing Makeup By Lucia Pittalis Views today: 1,456 - Inspirations
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 1,439 - Inspirations
- Meet Oreo, The World’s First Cat Nurse Views today: 1,208 - Animals