The New Barbie: Meet the Doll with an Average Woman’s Proportions
Lammily is the forthcoming plastic doll whose motto is, “Average is beautiful.” Her body shape is based on averages of data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control that is more often used to track the American obesity epidemic. She is not affiliated with Mattel’s Barbie.
Last year, graphic designer Nickolay Lamm created some concept images of the “Normal Barbie” that became very popular around the Internet. (If you didn’t see them, one is to the right.) Today Lamm is launching a project to put the design into production and make the dolls a reality. It’s crowd-sourced, it “promotes realistic standards of beauty,” and it can be under your holiday tree by late 2014 if enough people support the project.
Just like Barbie, Lammily has articulated elbows and likes horses and fast cars and rodeos, but she also likes slow cars, or whatever, it’s even fine if you just have a bike and use a car-sharing service. Who owns a car anymore? Lammily isn’t here to judge you, or leave you for a better-looking, closeted gay man with perfect sweaters and a nice car.
Credits: The Atlantic
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 41,926 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 14,728 - Photography
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 1,472 - Photography
- Instagram’s ‘Bros Being Basic’ Shows Men Recreating Clichéd Snaps Of Women Views today: 1,146 - Inspirations
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 709 - Inspirations
- Russian Dental Clinic N2 – Probably The Scariest Dental Clinic In The World Views today: 593 - Travel
- Awkward Metal Band Photos Views today: 554 - Photography
- Photographer Olgaç Bozalp Captures Fashion People In Iran, And It’s Not Easy Views today: 429 - Photography
- Finnish Woman Creates Controversial Self Portraits, Calls It Art Views today: 379 - Inspirations
- A Meditative Photo Series Shows Tokyo’s Loneliest Moments Views today: 325 - Photography
- American Women Mugshots In The 1960s Views today: 278 - Photography
- Dreamlike Images That Will Inspire Your Surrealist Soul Views today: 257 - Inspirations
- Embrace Spring With Pictures Of Japan’s Cherry Blossoms Views today: 254 - Travel
- It Is Not The World Of Smiles: Enchanted NSFW Dolls By Marina Bychkova Views today: 248 - Design
- Frida Kahlo Infiltrates The Snapchat Generation With A New Set Of Emoji Views today: 238 - Design