Chocolate Mill by Studio Wieki Somers
Dutch designers at studio wieki somers have combined forces with chocolatier rafael mutter to create ‘chocolate mill’. Shown as part of the confrontations exhibition at the vitra design museum, the project celebrates a global weakness, the sweet tooth. Delicate rosettes are shaved off a cylindrical block of the cocoa-based confection, which is made up of a mixture of flavors, using a crank-turned blade. from this, a topography of various patterns integrated within the candy slowly emerge, creating a flip-book effect as the layers are scraped off.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- This Wedding Photographer Turns You Into A Miniature Person
- This Woman Painted Her Staircase To Look Like Books And It’s Amazing
- Foxy Faces: Photographer Proves That Every Fox Has Different Personality
- The Magic Unicorn Hood That Has No Special Powers At All But Looks Amazing
- 2016 Audubon Photography Awards