Chocolate Mill by Studio Wieki Somers
Dutch designers at studio wieki somers have combined forces with chocolatier rafael mutter to create ‘chocolate mill’. Shown as part of the confrontations exhibition at the vitra design museum, the project celebrates a global weakness, the sweet tooth. Delicate rosettes are shaved off a cylindrical block of the cocoa-based confection, which is made up of a mixture of flavors, using a crank-turned blade. from this, a topography of various patterns integrated within the candy slowly emerge, creating a flip-book effect as the layers are scraped off.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Surreal And Imaginative Black And White Photos That Will Confuse Your Eyes
- Unconventional Tourist Photographs Reveal What’s Behind the World’s Most Visited Sights
- Married Japanese Man Claims He Has Finally Found Love With A Sex Doll
- German Beer Ad Shows Men Cradling Their Beer Bellies Like Pregnant Moms
- An Artist Has Made This Badass Raven Costume Entirely By Hand