An Artist Found This Branch Lying On The Side Of The Road, And Made It Into Shelves
Sebastian Errazuriz’s one-of-a-kind shelving unit called Bilbao proves that inspiration can come from simply stepping outside your front door. Created using a found tree branch, the artist retrieved the fallen limb from a Santiago street and took it back to his workshop. There, he twisted, turned, and readapted it, allowing the giant branch to hug a flat wall and live its new life as an unconventional shelf.
The natural shape of the tree dictated a majority of Errazuriz’s design choices, but he did take a few liberties with its appearance. He sanded down any rough edges and lacquered over the wood in a black finish with a matte sheen. The form itself is very organic, but with these simple additions, it now looks modern and polished—a striking statement piece for any room.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Floating Piers Opens On Lake Iseo In Italy Allowing Visitors To Walk On Water
- Lovingly-Detailed Outlander Birthday Cake
- Femme Fatales: Mug Shots Of Female Criminals From Early 20th Century Australia
- Which Type Of Traveler Are You?
- Benny Harlem & His Daughter Jaxyn’s Long Natural Hair Has Broken The Internet