Toyota Has Made A New Concept Car Out Of Wood
Like DYT on FB:
Toyota have designed an awesome looking wood concept car named Setsuna, that will be debuting later this month in Italy, during Milan Design Week. Toyota engineer Kenji Tsuji and his team, have designed Setsuna as a reaction to the fancy cars of today that have all the latest gadgets and technology.
They wanted to create a unique wooden roadster to embody the affection owners grow to feel for their cars, and to show how cars continue to change and offer new value as they’re taken care of with love over time.
The body of the car is made from 86 handmade wood panels, that will develop and change differently as the car ages.
When repairs become necessary, each of these panels can be replaced. Owners will be able to see where the work has been done, and remember the moment.
As the wood slowly bends over time, the shape of the car will take a more pronounced curve, just like on a wooden boat. The car is fully functional, however as it’s only a concept car, it can’t be driven on public roads.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Impressive Celebrity Portraits By Bettina Rheims
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Humorous Posters Of Graphic Design Puns That Will Make Designers Laugh
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Ukrainian Photographer Creates Powerful Photo To Overcome Anxiety, And Here’s How She Did It
- Japanese T-Shirt Uses Optical Illusion To Give Breasts To Even The Flat-Chested
- Dog Photographer Of The Year 2017 Winners
- Probably, The Best Movie Posters From The Last 10 Years
- Nightmares, Melancholy And Phobias: NSFW Fine Art Photography By Diana Dihaze
- Honest Illustration Of The Contradictory Nature Of People And Society By Sako Asko
- These Amazing Drawings Appear To Jump Out Of The Page
- Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
- Surreal And Dreamy Photo Manipulations By Jackson Hall
- Chinese Student Designs Award-Winning Life Slide
- Boxed In: Life Inside The “Coffin Cubicles” Of Hong Kong
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- 7 Playboy Playmates Re-Enact Their Iconic Covers
- Denmark Will Have This Amazing New Observation Tower Next Year
- A Shoe Polish Brand Won Big At Cannes For One Of The Most Delightful Campaigns
- The Story Of David Glasheen, A Real Life Robinson Crusoe
- Portuguese Street Artist Unveiled A Giant Rabbit Made Of Trash On The Streets Of Vila Nova De Gaia In Portugal
- Russian Craftsman Shapes Wooden Motor Tricycle
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- Extreme X-Rays: Photographer Nick Veasey Takes You Inside The Insects