Why Did A Brazilian Millionaire Winch A Formula 1 Car Up The Side Of An Apartment Block?
Yep, you read that right! An anonymous Brazilian is a huge Ayrton Senna fan, and he managed to get hold of Senna’s 1985 Lotus 97T Formula 1 car. But where do you keep such a car if you live in an apartment? Er… in your apartment obviously!
Why the ceiling? Well apart from the obvious space issue we can only presume it’s a homage to the Lotus Team’s ‘ground effect’ cars. Lotus were among the most technologically advanced cars of their time, and team boss Colin Chapman understood the dark art of aerodynamics more than anyone else. He created the ground effect cars which created so much downforce that at anything over 160mph they could theoretically drive upside down in a tunnel without falling off!
It allowed such high cornering speeds that it became dangerous, and after a number of high-profile incidents the technology was banned from in the mid 80s.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s Views today: 21,555 - Photography
- Animals That Look Like They’re About To Drop The Hottest Albums Ever Views today: 2,815 - Animals
- Donald Trump Really Doesn’t Want You To See These Photos Views today: 1,359 - Inspirations
- Hilarious Memes Of Beluga Whale Who Upstaged A Bride By Photobombing Her On Her Big Day Views today: 891 - Animals
- Pushing Photorealism To New Levels Of Beauty: Amazing Paintings By Yigal Ozeri Views today: 812 - Inspirations
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 771 - Inspirations
- Two Snails Lean In For A Kiss While Perched Precariously On Top Of Cherry Stems Views today: 659 - Animals
- This 56-Year-Old Lady Is Proof That Women’s Bodies Are Sexy At Any Age (NSFW) Views today: 606 - Inspirations
- Edwardian Angels: The Pure Beauties From The 1900s Views today: 545 - Photography
- What Dinnertime Looks Like In 36 Different Homes Views today: 519 - Photography