Japanese Designer Creates Solar-Powered Coat That Charges Gadgets
If you’re sick of running out of battery on your smartphone when you need it the most, and don’t mind paying a whopping $2,480 on a coat, you might want to consider getting this solar-powered jacket that can charge your gadgets on the go.
COMME des GARÇONS’ alumnus Junya Watanabe first unveiled his FW16 solar-powered men’s coat back in March, but his unique creation is doing the rounds once again, after becoming available for purchase at the hefty price of $2,480. So what makes this coat so special, apart from being a designer item, you ask? Well, just in case the four large solar panels on the back and the two in the front haven’t given it away already, this coat harnesses the power of the sun, converts it to electricity and stores it in a hidden power pack for on-the-go charging.
Long sleeve coated cotton coat in ‘khaki’ green. Faux-leather trimmed solar-power panel fixtures at back with smartphone charging wire concealed at interior. Wool trim at spread collar. Button closure and buttoned welt pockets at front. Elbow patches. Adjustable buttoned cinch strap at cuffs. Vented hem. Reflective lining in silver-tone. Power-pack device included. Tonal stitching. 100% cotton. Lining: 100% polyester. Trim: 100% cotton. Made in Japan.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 9,343 - Photography
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 2,890 - Travel
- The Innovative Minimalist Earrings By The Designer Otis Jaxon Views today: 1,496 - Design
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 1,460 - Design
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 1,135 - Inspirations
- Walking On Frozen Baikal, The Deepest And Oldest Lake On Earth To Capture Its Otherworldly Beauty Views today: 1,116 - Travel
- When You See Where This Hidden Staircase Leads You’re Going To Want One Views today: 1,024 - Design
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 780 - Inspirations
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 696 - Photography
- An Artist Transforms The Shapes Of Animals Into Cubes To Makes Them Definitely Look Straight Out Of Minecraft Views today: 503 - Animals
- These Stunning Images Got Such A Great Reception They Have Been Unveiled As The Best Wedding Photos Of 2016 Views today: 419 - Photography
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 390 - Photography
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century Views today: 356 - Inspirations
- Photographer Tracks Down People He Snapped In His Hometown Almost 40 Years Ago To Recreate The Remarkable Images Views today: 352 - Photography
- Vibram Furoshiki Shoe Views today: 308 - Technology