This Barber Artist Creates 3D Portraits In People’s Hair
When you go to Rob Ferrel for a haircut, you know you’re in for something really special. The professional hair artist can sculpt logos, designs, patterns and even celebrity faces on a head of hair. He runs his own salon called Rob the Original Barbershop, in San Antonio, where he works his magic every single day.
More info: Instagram
At first glance, some of Ferrel’s customers look like they’ve got stuff painted on the back of their heads. But take a closer look and you’ll realize that it’s all hair. Super-talented Ferrel discovered his special gift only eight years ago, when a kid walked into the barbershop he worked at and asked for a small little swirl.
“From there I started doing stars and more complex designs, team logos” he said. “And then I wanted to do something different and stand out, so I did portraits. Now if they bring me any image, I can replicate it in their hair”.
Back in 2006, Ferrel’s clients had to bring him images of the portraits they wanted, but now, with the help of modern technology, he can just look up the image on his phone and sculpt it freehand, using regular tools like trimmers and clippers.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy Views today: 382,550 - Photography
- The Russia You’ll Never See On Postcards Through The Lens Of Photographer Alexander Petrosyan Views today: 40,999 - Photography
- Hilarious Childhood Hairstyles From The 1980s And Early ’90s You’ve Ever Seen Views today: 22,237 - Inspirations
- Artist Blends Modern Graffiti With Ancient Calligraphy To Create Stunning NSFW Pieces Using Naked Women’s Bodies As A Canvas Views today: 6,413 - Design
- American Artist Creates Creepy Trump Photo Collages Views today: 6,246 - Inspirations
- Photo vs Art: Russian Artist Turns Celebrities Into Adorable Cartoon Characters Views today: 5,768 - Inspirations
- Powerful NSFW Photos From The 2017 Birth Photo Competition Prove That Moms Are Badass Views today: 4,634 - Photography
- Finnish Woman Creates Controversial Self Portraits, Calls It Art Views today: 3,233 - Inspirations
- “Memoirs Of The Geisha” – A Look Back At The Traditional Japanese Female Entertainers Views today: 3,028 - Photography
- The Amazing Makeup By Lucia Pittalis Views today: 2,641 - Inspirations
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 2,499 - Inspirations
- Drainage Canal In Japan Is So Clean They Yven Have Koi In It Views today: 2,398 - Travel
- Instagram’s ‘Bros Being Basic’ Shows Men Recreating Clichéd Snaps Of Women Views today: 2,359 - Inspirations
- Russian Dental Clinic N2 – Probably The Scariest Dental Clinic In The World Views today: 2,278 - Travel
- Stunning Vintage Photos Show The Beauty Of African-American Women From Between 1920s And 1940s Views today: 2,029 - Photography