An Artist Visualizes The Terrifying, Dystopian Metropolises Of Tomorrow
If you’ve never visualized dystopia, just look around. Visit a mega farm in California, a body of water near an industrial plant, or simply walk around Manhattan and let the rapidly evolving island for the rich, jet-setting class seep into your consciousness. If that doesn’t do the trick, San Francisco-based artist Michael Kerbow is here to take you on a tour of today’s dystopian milieu, and then extrapolate it all into a techno-induced future.
It’s a dark and mesmerizing window into humanity’s near and distant futures. On a thematic level, it deals variously with climate change, pollution, over-population, and humanity’s Icarus and Tower of Babel-like drive to create new technologies; all toward perhaps some undefined and maybe even non-existent dream.
We’d love to hear your views on this:
More inspiring stories on DYT:
- Bad Girl Mugshots From Between The 1940s And 1960s Views today: 78,642 - Photography
- Animals That Look Like They’re About To Drop The Hottest Albums Ever Views today: 5,995 - Animals
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master Views today: 1,268 - Inspirations
- Hilarious Memes Of Beluga Whale Who Upstaged A Bride By Photobombing Her On Her Big Day Views today: 1,082 - Animals
- Edwardian Angels: The Pure Beauties From The 1900s Views today: 1,024 - Photography
- Paper Models Of The Most Controversial Buildings Erected Behind The Iron Curtain Views today: 953 - Architecture
- Two Snails Lean In For A Kiss While Perched Precariously On Top Of Cherry Stems Views today: 763 - Animals
- Pushing Photorealism To New Levels Of Beauty: Amazing Paintings By Yigal Ozeri Views today: 663 - Inspirations
- Creative Father Puts His 3 Adorable Daughters Into Funny, Eclectic Photo Manipulations Views today: 586 - Photography
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century Views today: 494 - Inspirations