Stunning Colorized Photos Of Legendary Soviet Female Snipers From WWII, Including One Dubbed ‘Lady Death’ Who Killed 309 Nazis
Like DYT on FB:
Stunning colorized images have given new life to WWII female snipers who protected their territory against German attacks, including the most successful female sniper in history, Lyudmila Pavlichenko also known as ‘Lady Death’.
Roza Shanina was one of the 800,000 women who fought in Russia.
The photographs were colorized by Moscow artist Olga Shirnina.
“There are very few [color or colorized] images with Red Army soldiers, I decided to fill this gap,” She said. “Sometimes a picture can say more than many words and I’ll be glad if people learn more about Russia and its people through my colorings.”
Olga Shirnina became popular thanks to her Flickr page, where she posts colorized versions of historical photographs. She mostly posts photographs from the Russian Empire and the Soviet Union, as well as pictures of Hollywood celebrities from the previous century.
Lyuba Makarova was one of the 800,000 women who served in Russia during WWII.
Lyudmila Pavlichenko pictured smiling in her uniform.
Roza Shanina, who was responsible for 59 kills in WWII.
Ziba Ganiyeva was one of the Russian women fighting against Nazi Germany during WWII.
Lyudmila Pavlichenko is the most successful female sniper in history.
Sniper Yevgenia Makeeva killed 68 Nazi soldiers during WWII.
Beautiful blonde Roza Shanina, who was responsible for 59-confirmed kills.
Women of the Central Women’s School of Sniper Training, 1943.
Roza Shanina was one of the 800,000 women who served in the Soviet Armed Forces during the war as a sniper.
‘Lady Death’ is pictured wearing full uniform beneath a framed picture of Soviet dictator, Joseph Stalin.
Sniper volunteer Nadezhda Kolesnikova is pictured smiling alongside her weapon.
Roza Shanina had a high success rate during her time working in WWII fighting against Nazi Germany.
Lyudmila Pavlichenko Soviet sniper during World War II. Credited with 309 kills the most successful female sniper in history.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Sunny Photographs That Show Just How Far Out Beach Life Was In ’70s
- Creative Eroticism: How These Funny Ads Get Around Censorship
- Russian Lara Croft Cosplayer Ended Up In A Grip Of A Massive Bear
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- Australian Photographer Captures Women Breastfeeding Their Babies In A Series Of Stunning Scenes
- Our Small World Through The Lens Of Russian Photographer Sergey Maximishin
- Iconic New York City Buildings Are The Pieces In This Chess Set
- The Delicate 3D Embroidery Of Justyna Wolodkiewicz
- Japanese T-Shirt Uses Optical Illusion To Give Breasts To Even The Flat-Chested
- Photoshop Master Showed Why We Should Not Believe Photos In Social Networks
- Impressive Celebrity Portraits By Bettina Rheims
- Denmark Will Have This Amazing New Observation Tower Next Year
- These Nature Inspired Wall Hooks Are A Creative Twist To The Traditional Hanger
- Syrian Artist Paints World Leaders As Refugees
- Bodies Of Strange Creatures Were Found In The Basement Of An Old House In London
- Dog Photographer Of The Year 2017 Winners
- Humorous Posters Of Graphic Design Puns That Will Make Designers Laugh
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- Ukrainian Photographer Creates Powerful Photo To Overcome Anxiety, And Here’s How She Did It
- The Story Of David Glasheen, A Real Life Robinson Crusoe
- Nightmares, Melancholy And Phobias: NSFW Fine Art Photography By Diana Dihaze
- Chinese Student Designs Award-Winning Life Slide
- Innovative Russian Bakery Uses ‘Brushstroke’ Decorations To Create The Most Amazing Cakes
- This Wood Wine Box Packaging Can Be Reused As A Bird House
- Someone Uploaded An Amazing Collection Of Hi-Res, Textless Movie Posters