Ukiyo-e Inspired Illustrations Capture The Relatable Moments Of Modern Everyday Life
Japanese artist Yamada Zenjidou brings us whimsical illustrations of modern life in the style of old Japanese woodblock prints. These images would look totally normal framed and hanging as vintage art, but look closer and you’ll find you can totally relate to what’s going on.
You need an intermediate level of Japanese language to fully comprehend some of these but they’re simple enough that they could also be great for practicing your Japanese.
That disappointment when you spot a fancy cafe but it turns out to be a beauty salon.
That feeling when you want the free sample but pretend you totally don’t want it.
When “now with 10% more” doesn’t make you feel any happier.
When you’re looking at your reflection in the glass and realize there’s someone on the other side.
When the guy who was least interested in the party is clearly trying the hardest.
Eating instant noodles outside makes it taste oddly better.
More Inspiring Stories On DYT:
- Woman Flawlessly Retakes Her Study Abroad Photos, 30 Years Later
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest
- The Beauty Of Female Body In Vibrant NSFW Photographs By David Dubnitskiy
- More Than 4,000 Photographs From The D-Day Invasion Of Normandy Are Now Available Online
- Toilet Timer: The Anatomically Significant Sand Timer For Procrastinators
- “The World In Faces”: Photographer’s Incredible Portraits Of People Who Live In Some Of The Most Remote Corners Of The Earth
- A Look Back At Playboy Bunny Girls
- Bees Under The Macro Lens
- “Geometric Variants”, An Optical Illusion Photography Project By Erika Zolli
- Japanese Artist Nobuhiro Nakanishi Creates Fantastic Layered Drawings
- When A Glimpse Of Stocking Was Something Shocking: Vintage NSFW Postcards Of 1920’s Flappers
- Creative Mom Paints On Skylight To Make Her Daughter Go To Kindergarten Class
- Careful What You Ask For Because This Guy Is A Photoshop Troll Master
- Stylish Vintage Photos From The Stock Photography Agencies In The 1970s
- Stunning Digital Surreal Art By Mikhail Batrak
- Photographer Kourtney Roy Makes Eerie Self-Portraits In Desolate Yet Dramatic Locations
- The Explosive And Twisted Illustrations By Mike Hughes
- Welcome To Heimat: An Enchanted NSFW Trip Through Bavaria With Photographer Ellen Von Unwerth
- McDonald’s Launches New Clothing Line
- Sex Machines: Photographs and Interviews By Timothy Archibald
- The Fantastically Sculptural Architecture Of Cyril Lancelin
- Chinese Airline’s New Haute Couture Uniforms Puts Other Airlines To Shame
- This Woman Has Dedicated Her Life To Taking Pictures Of The Oldest Trees On The Planet
- Artist Gianluca Gimini Reinterprets Vintage Italian Brands As Sneakers
- Taipei Subway Cars Have Been Decorated To Simulate Various Sports Venues During The Coming Universiade In Taiwan