Bear-shaped kites flutter against the sky during the opening ceremony of the 22nd International Kite Festival being held at Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, in western India on January 11, 2012. Nearly 120 kite flyers from India are being joined by a foreign contingent of 74 kite flyers in the event. via Hungeree.
Two female toy poodles named Karin (left) and Fuga, are the latest recruits to join the Tottori Prefectural Police Force in Tottori, Japan. The head honchos at the police department made the poodles honorary dispatch section chiefs on January 10, 2011 in honor of ‘Dial 110 Day’ which is the ‘911’ of Japan. Animal handler Makoto Miyamoto, who trained the two poodles said, “The role of police dogs is not limited to searching criminals and missing people. I hope the participation of Fuga and Karin in the police department will contribute to improved public relations.” via Hungeree.
Color photographs of the Third Reich as captured by German photographer Hugo Jaeger. via Buzzaurus.
A boy kneels in front of a candle at an prayer event held in Iwanuma city in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, on January 11, 2012. Reconstruction in the area continues nearly a year after the Great East Japan Earthquake on March 11, 2011 which devastated the northeastern coast of Japan. via Hungeree.
South Korean fashion model Jay Shin appears in ‘Nêt Gói Càm’ for Elle Vietnam February 2012 as photographed by Andrew Yee and styled by Christopher Campbell. Shin dazzles in an ensemble contributed by Oscar De La Renta, Dior, Gucci, Altuzarra, Bottega Veneta, Michael Kors, Jen Kao, Philip Lim, and more. via Hungeree.
A satellite image of the Rakaia River threading its sinewy veins through the green-checkered Canterbury Plains in New Zealand has won the distinction of ‘Top Satellite Image of 2011.’ via Hungeree.
A crimson and black frog named Paedophryne amanuensis is the smallest vertebrate in the world at a mere 7.7mm or 0.30 inches in size at adulthood. The frogs were discovered by Professor Chris Austin of Louisiana State University in Amau, Papua New Guinea. via Hungeree.
American singer and model Sky Ferreira appears in ‘Who’s That Girl’ for V Magazine #75 as photographed by Mario Testino and styled by Andrew Richardson. Ferreira takes on the many looks of Madonna over the years of her music career by wearing Stefanel, Proenza Schouler, Ralph Lauren, Mulberry, The Blonds, Chanel, and more. via Hungeree.
Prada’s 2012 Spring collection includes high heels and stiletto heels whose designs were inspired by classic cars of the roaring fifties when the automobile changed the face of American culture. The heels are decorated with automotive parts including spoilers, wings, taillights, chrome accents, and flames that are indicative of a hot rod at heart. via Hungeree.
Two models pose with an assemblage of Canon’s new PowerShot G1 X point-and-shoot camera at a press event in Seoul, South Korea, on January 10, 2011. The new PowerShot is equipped with a 1.5-inch, 14.3-megapixel CMOS sensor, 28-112mm (4x zoom) lens, and a 3-inch, 922,000-dot TFT LCD. The retail price of the G1 X is US$799.99 and the camera hits retailers in February 2012. via Hungeree.
French fashion model Julia Frauche appears in ‘Super Natural’ for Dazed & Confused January 2012 as photographed by Yelena Yemchuk and styled by Karen Langley. via Hungeree.
Homare Sawa of Japan (left) and Lionel Messi from Argentina, were named ‘Soccer Players of the Year 2011’ at the FIFA Ballon d’Or award ceremony held in Zurich, Switzerland, on January 9, 2012. Messi plays for Barcelona and has won the prestigious award three years in a row. via Hungeree.
Dr. Aucky Hinting saved up the bottles containing hormones used for in vitro fertilization and made a sculpture out of 10,000 such bottles. The work takes the form of a woman who appears to be in childbirth and is currently on display at an exhibition in Yogyakarta located in Central Java, Indonesia. via Hungeree.
Calleigh’s Clips & Crochet Creations presents Batman and Robin capes and masks for babies to be used in photography sessions. The dynamic duo costums are sold as a set since Batman and Robin are a team. According to Calleigh’s, the costumes are “Designed to make it simple if a baby is sleeping on their tummy – just slide on the hat and you now have a cute little baby dressed up like your favourite critter.” via Hungeree.
Workers have erected a massive dragon installation comprised of over 3,000 lanterns at Yongdingmen Square Park in Beijing, China. During a test run on January 9, 2012, the lanterns were tested to ensure that they’d light up for the beginning of the Lunar New Year celebrations which start on January 23, 2012. via Hungeree.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust
- Artist Covers Walls With Cross-Stitch Floral Patterns In Street Installations
- Polish Fashion Artists Creates Beautiful Felted Animal Scarves
- Dragon Scale Crochet Gloves For When The Winter Comes
- Designer Paints Alternative Posters Of Popular Movies Based On Mood In The Films
- New Stunning Entries Of The 2016 National Geographic Nature Photographer Of The Year Contest
- An Eccentric Artist Has Collected Fifty Vintage Cars And Left Them To Rot In A Forest – And Now They’re Worth Over $1 Million
- Fantastic Minimalist Japanese Cruiser 1989 Nissan Neo-X Concept That Was Ahead Of Its Time
- Amazing Vintage Photographs That Show The Dangers Of Constructing The Empire State Building
- Street Artist Okuda Transforms An Abandoned House Into An Universal Chapel
- Playboy Model Sara Jean Underwood Dresses Up As Your Favorite Star Wars Characters
- These Hilarious Cats Look Like Furry Catbuses Come To Life
- Hyperrealistic Depictions Of A Fictional Mouse-Butterfly Species By Lisa Ericson
- World’s Largest Slug is Bigger, Slimier, and Way Cooler Than You’d Imagine
- This Is Truly Heavenly Weather As Pictures Taken From An Airplane Cockpit Reveal What Pilots See From Above
- Dark Humor Stories That’ll Make You Think