Avia & Aria a collection of lamps designed by Zaha Hadid Architects, for SLAMP. The lamps are made of 50 individual layers of cristalflex, will be presented during Salone Del Mobile.
The Ressence Type 3 transports time from the dial to the crystal. The orbiting indications are bathed in a fluid that refracts light like air, so that the indications appear to be displayed directly onto the sapphire crystal. It offers a tangible feeling of being able to touch time itself.
Bell & Ross Aviation Collection Watches, feature three different ways of indicating the time and each one is limited to just 999 examples.
McLaren 12C Spider: Rhys Millen vs. Chanelle Sladics. One has a 616-bhp McLaren 12C Spider. The other has a snowboard. Rhys Millen, Pikes Peak International Hill Climb record-holder and Chanelle Sladics, Winter Games Medallist, race down the notoriously treacherous Loveland Pass. Watch the video…
“Pisces” Balloon Sculpture by New York artist Jason Hackenwerth, represents the legend of Aphrodite and Eros, at the Edinburgh International Science Festival in the Grand Gallery of the National Museum of Scotland. The…
Designed by Zaha Hadid Architects, the ThyssenKrupp Headquarters in Essen, Germany, awarded third prize in an open international competition. Images © Zaha Hadid Architects
Diagonal Tower by SOM in Yongsan International Business District of Seoul, South Korea. The 343 meter tall tower reduces construction costs, meets energy codes and successfully minimizes wind loads…
Girard-Perregaux just unveiled a revolutionary new piece with a completely new architecture and escapement design, a concept known as “constant force”. Girard-Perregaux notes that “unlike other systems that devise a constant force averaged…
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Liquid Marble Installation Turns Castle Courtyard Into Fantastical Pool
- Everyday Things That Look Totally Different Under A Microscope
- Felted Veggies Cling To Embroidery Hoops By Veselka Bulkan
- Shampoo Planet: Paintings Of North American Urban Landscapes And Interiors By Marc Trujillo
- Terrifying Russian Architecture Which Looks Better From Above
- Illustrations That Reveal Our Weird Social Media Lives
- This Company Creates Unique Carved Wood Cases For Your Phone
- French Artist Makes Louvre Pyramid ‘Disappear’ In Optical Illusion
- Paolo Pettigiani Sees New York City’s Central Park In Pink And Blue
- Creepstastic Body Paintings From A 16-Year-Old Artist
- “Fantplastique” By Ausra Osipaviciute
- Once Upon A Canvas: Exploring Fairy Tale Masterpieces By Ivan Bilibin
- In 1914, Baby Animal Photography Made For Exhausting Work
- Plastic Trash Gets New Life As Art
- Vivid Sydney: Festival Of Lights In the Heart Of Australia