The Entertainment Memorabilia auction in London on December 15, 2011, will feature movie props, costumes, and artwork related to the film, television, and music industry. Bonhams is holding the auction of movie treasures which includes one of the bullwhips used by Indiana Jones in the ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ movie and a light saber wielded by Obi-Wan Kenobi in ‘Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.’ via Hungeree.
Shoppers walk past a story display window in Sydney, Australia, which houses a kangaroo crafted from Louis Vuitton bags, purses, and satchels, on December 7, 2011. via Hungeree.
The Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to three women in Norway on December 10, 2011. In the photo below, the three winners are Liberian peace activist Leymah Gbowee, human rights activist Tawakul Karman from Yemen, and President of Liberia Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf, who gripped each others hands at the Grand Hotel in Oslo, Norway. via Hungeree.
Views of the moon as the Earth blocked it from the direct path of the sun’s rays for a few minutes on December 10, 2011. The first photo of the lunar eclipse shown below was taken at Turret Arch at Arches National Park located near Moab, Utah. via Hungeree.
A quintet of Muslim women wearing traditional garb converse and take photos within an enclosure of Christmas decorations at a shopping center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on December 9, 2011. via Hungeree.
The Valentino Garavani Virtual Museum debuted at the Museum of Modern Art on December 5, 2011, and a launch party was held at the IAC Headquarters on 550 West 18th Street in New York City n December 7, 2011. The online museum pays homage to the celebrated designer with a collection of over 5,000 documents that chronicle Valentino’s oeuvre. via Hungeree.
British designer Tom Price created a mechanical press which molds stacks of gaudily-colored plastic rugs onto the frame of a stainless steel chair. Once pushed into the frame and formed into a simulacrum of a chair, the plastic rugs cool and become the rainbow monstrosity shown below. via Hungeree.
What’s to fear from a jolly old man who wears red from head-to-toe and has a white beard that covers most of his face like a bandit? Apparently, everything, if the expression of the children in the following photos are any indication. David Warren plays the part of Santa at ‘Santa’s Grotto’ at the Selfridges department store in London on December 7, 2011, and has been Santa for the past decade so he’s used to the occasional terrified tot. via Hungeree.
Shi’ite Muslims congregate around a white horse and touch it for good luck on December 5, 2011, in a prelude to the Ashura festival in Lahore, Pakistan which began today. via Hungeree.
Humanoid sculptures carved from greenstone are displayed in Puebla, Mexico, on December 5, 2011. The Olmec-style figures were discovered in a burial site believed to be 3,500 years old. via Hungeree.
A 7th century tomb in Asuka, Nara known as the ‘Stonehenge of Japan’ was the venue for a light show which was accentuated by a morass of mist on December 4, 2011. A conglomeration of 30 massive stone form the Ishibutai burial mound and the center stone which rests on top of the tomb weighs 77 tons by its lonesome. via Hungeree.
A Coca Cola bottle designed by Earl R. Dean was auctioned on December 3, 2001 by Julien’s Auctions in Beverly Hills for US$240,000. via Hungeree.
Dutch fashion model Sophie Vlaming appears in ‘Jogos de Somba’ for Vogue Portugal December 2011 as photographed by Raphael Delorme and Thierno Sy and styled by Paulo Macedo. via Hungeree.
After nearly two decades of negotiating and give-and-take, China sent a pair of pandas named Tian Tian and Yang Guang (translation: Sweetie and Sunshine) to the United Kingdom on a FedEx ‘Panda Express’ flight. The plane landed at Edinburgh Airport at 1pm on Sunday, December 4, 2011, and the couple of breeding pandas were taken to Edinburgh Zoo where they will live for the next decade in a specially built enclosure. via Hungeree.
A couple from Petaluma, California, has purchased a house in Herriman, Utah, which was designed and painted by Bangerter Homes to look like the house in Pixar’s ‘Up’ animated movie. Clinton and Lynette Hamblin are major Disney and Pixar fans and were house hunting in California when they caught wind of the Up house. via Hungeree.
Meanwhile on Design You Trust:
- Artist’s Gorgeous Watercolor Paintings Align Perfectly With Surroundings
- Titian Fur Kitten: The Almost Perfect Professional Cat Model
- Ivorian Photographer Joana Choumali Shows Modern African Women Dressed In The Traditional Clothes Of Their Ancestors
- Beautiful Colorized Photos Of Immigrants in Their Traditional Dresses At The Ellis Island Immigration Station In The Early 20th Century
- Photographer Elaine Li Captures Beautiful Pictures Of Urban Landscapes In Unusual Ways
- Glowing Dress Turns Claire Danes Into Cinderella At The Met Gala
- Police Sketches Of 15 Literary Characters Based On Their Book Descriptions
- Mouth-Watering Lego Meals Art By Japanese Artist
- Malaysian Artist ‘Red’ Hong Yi Creates Jackie Chan Portrait Using Thousands Chopsticks
- Woman And Her Cat Have Been Sailing Around The World Together For Years
- Rare Photos Of 19-Year-Old Prince Outside Minneapolis’ Old Schmitt Music Headquarters In 1977
- Boxes Into Beds: Brilliant Idea Helps Earthquake Victims In Japan
- Meet Snoped, The Sleek Snowmobile
- Mugshots Of Female Nazi Concentration Camp Guards While Awaiting Trial In 1945
- “For The Love Of Peanut Butter”: Humorous Photo Series Of Dogs Eating Peanut Butter