Monstrous creations called ‘Gravity Stools’ as created by Dutch designer Jólan van der Wiel who uses powerful magnets to stretch, torture, and wrench the composite plastic construction material into jagged legs which prop up seats. Would I buy one for the den? Nope. The Gravity Stools would ruin the feng shui of the space. via Hungeree.
A miniscule Yorkshire terrier named Lucy holds the Guinness World Record for the ‘World’s Smallest Working Dog,’ which was awarded to her on November 28, 2011. Lucy measures a mere 5.7″ tall and weighs in at 2.5lbs and her working title refers to her job in a program called ‘Leashes Of Love’ where she visits the elderly and disabled at hospitals. via Hungeree.
English actress Carey Mulligan appears in ‘Carey, Carey, Quite Contrary’ for W magazine January 2012 as photographed by Michael Thompson and styled by Edward Enninful. via Hungeree.
Designers Maurizio Galante and Tal Lancman present their Louis XI armchair for home furnishings retailer Cerruti Baleri which looks like it’s sculpted from solid blue-veined marble but is actually crafted from a wood frame and polyurethane foam seating. A silk covering imprinted with a marble pattern gives the chair its solid marble patina. via Hungeree.
Oprah Winfrey attended the inaugural graduation of the class of 2011 at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls located in Henley on Klip, South Africa, on January 14, 2012. Winfrey spoke at the graduation and said, “The pride that I feel today is overpowering. I have been on a mission my whole life to be able to give back what I have been given. Today I am fulfilling that mission. This class will prove that when you invest in the leadership of girls, you invest in a nation.” via Hungeree.
Ever year after Christmas, handlers at the Zoologischer Garten Zoo in Berlin, Germany, feed their elephants discarded Christmas trees thrown away by Berlin residents as well as unsold trees from vendors. The fir and spruce trees that are fed to the elephants provide vitamins and minerals as well as roughage to supplement their diet. In the photos below, which were taken on January 13, 2012, elephants lift fir trees with their trunks before munching on the leaves and the branches. via Hungeree.
In a story published earlier this week, the mettle of aspiring bodyguard recruits were being tested by trainers from the Tianjiao Special Guard/Security Consultant Ltd. Company. On January 13, 2012, the training continued onwards with glass bottles being broken over the heads of the 20 women who intend to become bodyguards. via Hungeree.
Caspar Lohner’s ‘SleepBox’ serves as a little slice of solace in public areas such as offices, transit stations, airports, and malls. The shell of the sleep capsule is constructed of solid surface material HI-MACS® and the interior of the unit is equipped with a leather-covered mattress for naps. A porthole at the end of the capsule allows entry inside for a snuggle-worthy sleep session. While in use (or disuse), the SleepBox can also serve as seating for at least three people. The SleepBox will be shown at Swissbau 2012 from January 17 to 21. via Hungeree.
To create his ‘Meshmatics’ lamps, Rick Tegelaar cuts pieces of chicken wire and shapes them into lampshade frames which are then covered with wet bamboo paper. As the bamboo dries, the paper tightens around the chicken wire and grips it with natural tension and takes on the shape and contours of the frame. via Hungeree.
A worker at the Museo de la Moda (Fashion Museum) in Santiago, Chile, displays a printed chiffon dress once worn by late British singer Amy Winehouse, to members of the press on January 11, 2012. The dress was designed by Disaya and can be seen on the cover of Winehouse’s ‘Back to Black’ album. The museum bid US$68,000 and won the dress at an auction conducted by Kerry Taylor Auctions held in London in late November 2012. via Hungeree.
A photo from April 4, 1963 shows Cassius Marcellus Clay and his mother, Odessa Grady Clay, sitting in a car parked outside the Clay house in Louisville, Kentucky. Cassius would go on to become one of the greatest boxers of all time under the name of Muhammed Ali. The famous boxer turns 70-years-old next week and a birthday party is being planned at the Muhammad Ali Center on 144 North 6th Street in downtown Louisville, Kentucky. via Buzzaurus.
French fashion model Lesly Masson-Dupond and Dutch fashion model Marcella Breukers appear in ‘Tension’ for Harper’s Bazaar China February 2012 as photographed by Michelle Du Xuan and made up by Aya Fujita. Rainbow-bright eyeshadow and vibrant lipstick provide eye-catching contrast against the patterned gossamer veils of fine lace. via Hungeree.
Actress Olivia Munn strips for a new PETA campaign against fur and the billboard was unveiled in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, on January 12, 2012. via Hungeree.
Calligrapher Mohammad Saber Yaqoti Hussaini Khedri and nine of his students unveiled the world’s largest copy of the holy Koran at the Naser Khusro Balkhi Library in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Jan. 12, 2012. It took Khedri and his students five years to complete the massive tome which will be on exhibition at the library. via Hungeree.
German fashion model Julia Stegner appears in ‘Feel Free’ for Vogue Germany February 2012 as photographed by Greg Kadel and styled by Nicola Knels. via Hungeree.
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 25,078 - Photography
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 1,226 - Design
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 954 - Inspirations
- The Innovative Minimalist Earrings By The Designer Otis Jaxon Views today: 823 - Design
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 708 - Travel
- These Stunning Images Got Such A Great Reception They Have Been Unveiled As The Best Wedding Photos Of 2016 Views today: 692 - Photography
- Watch Inside Obama’s New Home Views today: 503 - Architecture
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 428 - Inspirations
- Walking On Frozen Baikal, The Deepest And Oldest Lake On Earth To Capture Its Otherworldly Beauty Views today: 421 - Travel
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 398 - Photography
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 356 - Inspirations
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 318 - Photography
- Guy Discovers He Can Go Anywhere While Wearing A Hi-Vis Vest Views today: 312 - Inspirations
- Truthful Images That Show Why Holocaust Memorial Selfies Are So Disrespectful Views today: 277 - Photography
- When You See Where This Hidden Staircase Leads You’re Going To Want One Views today: 267 - Design