There’s a romantic mystery beneath the towers of the Castello di Montechiarugolo (Terre Verdiane), Italy: Fata Bema is a spirit that appears to girls on the eve of their wedding and to lovers, especially if they suffer for love.
Italian illustrator Gristian Grossi tells us with his magical drawings the true story of Bema the Ghost.
The project is featured on weloooooveit magazine.
Daria Hlazatova is an Ukrainian artist with a passion for drawing and collages made by hand. The illustrations by Daria take inspiration from nature, from animals and from the sea, fairy tales, music and theater. See the project she developed for Lipu (Birdlife Italy). A project to raise awareness about the condition of the sea and the animals that inhabit it.
Deadline: January 5 11:59pm EST.
Draw A Dot. is teaming up with weloooooveit for a one of a kind illustration contest. You are going to illustrate a postcard consists of one of the four famous women in Italy and the backdrop will be one of the four locations of Salsomaggiore. The illustration can be realistic, abstract, or even surreal, but it has to somewhat related to the Art Deco or Art Nouveaux era. You are also more than welcome to give a modern take on these women’s fashion. The size of the postcard will be 6’’ x 4’’ or 4’’ by 6’’.
There was a golden time in which art invaded real life, creating from anew fashion and design, which invariably leads to gossip and exclusive parties. It was the time of “La belle epoque”.
That was also the era of the Diva, a beautiful and unforgettable kind of woman considered to lead an extreme life, someone who could leave you breathless and who could charm everyone around her with her unique and glamorous style.
Few cities in the world could sum up the roaring spirit of the belle époque like Salsomaggiore Terme (Italy). Salsomaggiore was the place to be for the European jet set. Here you could encounter intellectuals, artists, noblemen, industrialists and of course their stunning wives, lovers and muses. During this time the city flourished and became a true Art Nouveau masterpiece.
1. 200 € (approximately $265 US) cash prize (you must have paypal)
2. Your wining piece will be used as a postcard image for the city of Salsomaggiore. You will also receive 50 postcards.
Every Monday, Draw A Dot will have a post on the submissions from the past week. All entries will also be shown on Facebok Fanpage and Pinterest.
The deadline will be January 5 11:59pm EST.
weloooooveit team and I will select the winner during the week of January 6, 2014.
The winner will be announced on January 13, 2014.
What the artist needs to send to the contest:
Please send your work to email@example.com with the following information.
Your illustration | Your name | Your Facebook Page (optional) | Your Website (optional)
You must also like Draw A Dot. and weloooooveit Facebook Fanpage
You can download this zip file to see more images of the Italian divas.
Italian photographer Fabio Corò is featured on Weloooooveit, the undiscoverded places in Italy magazine, about all the best cool local living.
Salsomaggiore’s Beat Festival, Devil’s Den and Taun club – The cover gained by the talent Fabio Corò focuses on the Rock n ‘Roll side of the italian province between typical pubs, concerts, punky people. “People only expect to hear lyrical music coming out of the Terre Verdiane, Italy. Many are amazed to learn that Emilia is the cradle of an alternative music culture that is amongst the most vibrant in Italy.” See the entire cover Continue »
Human history began some 2.5 million years ago and, for hundreds and thousands of years, it has developed extraordinarily slowly. Then an incredible and amazing new technology occurred around 50,000 years ago: writing. From that moment began a wild ride that went faster and faster in a race that promised human beings to conquer the whole planet, to touch down on the moon, to reach the depths of the oceans, to travel faster and to communicate with each other over enormous distances. Expressing itself technologically, socially and culturally over the past fifty years, this ride has found yet another push in the global network of digital communication. Our race has become even faster with impossible limits. Visit roBOt Festival
Visit Cristian Grossi designer website | fanpage
The illustrations start off as a pencil sketch that when finished are scanned into the computer. Here Cristian colours his work using a combination of different patterns and textures, of which he holds a bank of examples. The use of texture gives the illustration a natural almost surreale feel. see his work here.
The secret of moisture moss. Pure green fresh feeling. women mysteriously hidden are waiting for the orgasm.
Intense personal moments created by means of rules and omissions, acceptance and refusal, luring the viewer round and round in circles. A scent of flowers, pearls and ceramics. See the entire project here.
Mixed media: watercolor, collage, chinese ink, digital.
The breath of nature spreads, the universe of bacteria that dwell in the female womb is released in a waft of flavors and fragrances. The belly of women as a forest to explore the fact of danger, honey, pearls.
They are part of the new romantic movement because of the desire for the local intimacy into the feminine bacteria. This kind of artwork is part of the collective memory process, by exploring the concept of landscape in a nostalgic way, I want to amplify the edge of pink.
Visit the entire project on the Facebook Fanpage
What happens when the best manga characters wear the clothes of the best fashion brands? Saint Seiya in Lanvin, Creamy Mami in Prada, and other surprise.
Discover the indipendent art project Manga LEGENDS by creative designer Cristian Grossi and curated by Marcus Kan
Click here to see the Fashion MANGA LEGEND
- There’s An Old Abandoned Theme Park Near Tokyo, And It’s Creepy As Hell Views today: 11,301 - Travel
- When You See Where This Hidden Staircase Leads You’re Going To Want One Views today: 3,169 - Design
- Biting Illustrations That Uncover All Of The Human Essences In Modern World Views today: 1,529 - Inspirations
- The White House’s Pete Souza Has Shot Nearly 2M Photos Of Obama, Here Some Of His Favorites Views today: 1,346 - Photography
- Walking On Frozen Baikal, The Deepest And Oldest Lake On Earth To Capture Its Otherworldly Beauty Views today: 1,155 - Travel
- These Sad Dogs Outside Shops Will Make You Cry Views today: 775 - Animals
- Honest Puns Inspired By CSS That Web Designers Can Relate To Views today: 766 - Inspirations
- Hong Kong In The 1950s Captured By A Teenager Views today: 742 - Photography
- An Artist Transforms The Shapes Of Animals Into Cubes To Makes Them Definitely Look Straight Out Of Minecraft Views today: 713 - Animals
- Mysterious Double Exposure Photography By Christoffer Relander Views today: 610 - Photography
- Ed Gein Style Horror Jacket Is The Most Terrifying Jacket Ever Views today: 581 - Design
- Bizarre Paintings Of Mecha Robots And Werewolves Attacking East European Peasants Of The Early 20th Century Views today: 465 - Inspirations
- This Dreadful Emptiness: Dark And Depressive Illustrations By Aron Wiesenfeld Views today: 419 - Inspirations
- These Stunning Images Got Such A Great Reception They Have Been Unveiled As The Best Wedding Photos Of 2016 Views today: 400 - Photography
- These Photographs Of Creepy Children Will Terrify You Views today: 395 - Photography